• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

A/C......

Kap142

:icon_cheers: OK so Carrie and I go to an open show at Cypress Gardens today. :dancer01: It was hotter then maybe two and a half hells. :ack2: Made Venice seem not too bad. So far so good right? Then they give out awards and we go home. :thumbsup: I can hear an Ice House calling me all the way from my frig.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's ok, cool is just a couple of miles down the road.

Get home,:vette: park "Goldie" in the garage, :vette: engage the Ice House properly (that's with my bare feet up and no shirt on like a true Florida boy) turn on NASCAR and start to cool off when.............:2232censored: from the garage comes a sound of a bursting hose and the attached hiss. Being the truly intelligent guy I obviously am, I did nothing until no more sounds emanated from the garage.:thumbsup:

Well then with my Ice House properly in hand I go "check it out". A close inspection reveals A/C oil blown out in that area under the motor on the floor.:eek: My vast investigative experience lead me to belive that if it was on the floor it probably came from above that (I'm tellin you I R 'specienced).:lmao:

As I look up I see an A/C hose from the back block of the compressor going down blown out the bottom side:thumbsdown: . Ya know who needs freon, or A/C oil or comfort and it is my duty to support the A/C repair trade so guess what I'm doin tomorrow?

Ken, ain't life grand?

That sucks buddy,but atleast she was at home and not on the road when she blow the bubble.

Easy fix though,go down to local hardware store and get 1 roll of Duct Tape and presto problem fixed.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Backyard Mechanic said:
That sucks buddy,but atleast she was at home and not on the road when she blow the bubble.

Easy fix though,go down to local hardware store and get 1 roll of Duct Tape and presto problem fixed.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're killin me brother, you're killin me. I love it:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can see you guys are ASC certified mechanics (particullary Mark). :hehehe: That must stand for All (around) Sentational Characters.:thumbsup: I could never do it without you.

Ya'll are great. I will sub-divide the repair bill by four and send each a portion to be dellt with appropriately. Just for clairfication I'll take care of my 1/4 of the bill.

Hey Joe, I needa a little help here!:shrug01: :shrug01:

Ya'll are super, please don't quit.

Ken:lmao: :lmao:

Kap142 said:
I can see you guys are ASC certified mechanics (particullary Mark). :hehehe: That must stand for All (around) Sentational Characters.:thumbsup: I could never do it without you.

Ya'll are great. I will sub-divide the repair bill by four and send each a portion to be dellt with appropriately. Just for clairfication I'll take care of my 1/4 of the bill.

Hey Joe, I needa a little help here!:shrug01: :shrug01:

Ya'll are super, please don't quit.

Ken:lmao: :lmao:
Heck Ken, Rob still says I owe them big for the K&N install, I can't afford another bill :lmao: :lmao:

Backyard Mechanic said:
Man that SUCKS, but :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: With Rob..:thumbsup:
Sounds to me like "Goldie" took care of her man before she Blew a Vessel!:thumbsup: :dancer01:

If you need, we are a full service AC shop with computerized evac/fill machine & all the parts you need nearby.:thumbsup:

OK worked out well in the long run.

Only damage (other then to my garage floor, ego and short term body temp) was a single blown 35 year old hose.:shrug01: Local shop pulled it and I took it to an A/C hose maker who made a new one on the spot. :thumbsup: Took it back to the shop and they installed, vac'd. and refilled the system. Less then 1/2 a day and under $250 total.

Good Goldie, good Goldie:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ken:thumbsup:

RevXtreme 1 said:
If you need, we are a full service AC shop with computerized evac/fill machine & all the parts you need nearby.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the offer. It's just so much more convienent to find a local outfit, if one can be found.

Kap142 said:
OK worked out well in the long run.

Only damage (other then to my garage floor, ego and short term body temp) was a single blown 35 year old hose.:shrug01: Local shop pulled it and I took it to an A/C hose maker who made a new one on the spot. :thumbsup: Took it back to the shop and they installed, vac'd. and refilled the system. Less then 1/2 a day and under $250 total.

Good Goldie, good Goldie:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ken:thumbsup:

Man that's a GREAT price,Glad you got it fixed,she got you home and for that you owe her a big hug.Now that hose is replace and the proper thing was done to her,that system is like brand new.:dancer01: :dancer01: :dancer01: :thumbsup: But it would not hurt to carry a spare roll of tape around just in case.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Please forgive the possible blaspheme but I heard it was God and the US Army that invested duct tape.:eek:

Back