• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Cut and polish....

Kap142

"Peek-a-Blue goes in for a professional "cut and polish" tomorrow. I am really excited to see the end result. Paint correction and final polish of the new flames should net some very nice results. I thought a total paint correction was the way to go. Should look just beautiful sitting on the St. Pete pier in a few weeks.

Oh, by the way, who's going to the Pier show and what time should I really plan on arriving to get a nice pier location? Would really enjoy seeing some of the old crew there.

:thumbsup:

Ken, did you check with the painter to make sure the paint has cured enough? I always thought that you had to give new paint a few months to cure adequately before applying polish and sealant.

Hey, Sure did. Paint has actually been curing for about 3 months already. Painter says now is fine as a matter of fact he's doing the work.

OK, great. Didn't want to see you making a mistake with this.... :thumbsup:

I will be at the Pier show. I keep forgetting there is no day of show registration so I missed sending mine in AGAIN this year :sillyme: So the I will be a spectator while the Z16 sits in the parking lot. But there are some nice cars there, have a few cold beverages by the water and some lunch makes for a nice afternoon. If I see peek a blue I will stop and say :wavey:

I will be at the Pier show. I keep forgetting there is no day of show registration so I missed sending mine in AGAIN this year :sillyme: So the I will be a spectator while the Z16 sits in the parking lot. But there are some nice cars there, have a few cold beverages by the water and some lunch makes for a nice afternoon. If I see peek a blue I will stop and say :wavey:

Please do. For a while we had a pretty well collected group of buds. I'd love to see some of that come back again. Please do drop by.

Ken:thumbsup:

Please do. For a while we had a pretty well collected group of buds. I'd love to see some of that come back again. Please do drop by.

Ken:thumbsup:

Yeah..... We need to do something in St. Augustine again...... Maybe after the rainy season lets up.

Kap,
I saw your car yesterday. Looking good :thumbsup: Took a few pics. Michelle and I were only there for a couple of hours. Stopped by to say hello but you must have been out looking at all of the good looking cars. As soon as I download I will post the photos.

Thanks Mickey,

Was a good show and and "Peek" was looking pretty special. Sorry we missed you guys but we may have been inside hiding from the heat or drinking a beer or something.

I am very happy with the work done on the cut and polish. Turned out nice and reminded me that their are 10,000 nooks and crannies where polishing compound cam hide. I'll be getting it out for years.:thumbsup:

Yeah man... You would think that some enterprising soul would make a polish that dried CLEAR instead of white........ :shrug01:

Was probably hiding in the A/C, was a toasty day. Wish we had been at "Peek" so we could have chatted.

Thanks,

Ken

Back