• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Lakewood Ranch Car Show Dec 13, 2009

LS2POWA

Team Afterhours Member
Team AfterHours will be holding another car show on Main Street of Lakewood Ranch on Dec 13 2009 (Its a Sunday). I know our last event I cant remember which Corvette club it was, but they came out in numbers(think out of St.Pete area). It was a very nice turn out in general.

TAHCSFORM.jpg

Heres a slide from our last show.
http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv164/teamafterhours/LWRCS/?albumview=slideshow

Now now junk, theres a couple of my buddies who have no problem keeping up or beating up on some domestics. Beauty of awd and turbos.

Pretty sure that green acura will out handle majority of us too. :thumbsup:

Ah, the whole Skyway part of the name threw my bearing off lol. Hope to see them out this time around again.

Now now junk, theres a couple of my buddies who have no problem keeping up or beating up on some domestics. Beauty of awd and turbos.
Man,It's not All the car!!:thumbsup:
I have a buddy with a heavily modded 09 "Boo Who" WRX,:rofl1:He gets purdy disgruntled when I push his azz half way up the mountain on NC 80 and then sling shot past him the first open spot I get!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:D

Img201.jpg

Will try to make this one! We have recently put out an all forged Mazda 3, a new WRX, and are just finishing a Supra. Can't get used to the rice sound, but man these things get up & go!!:eek:

In real life you cannot always be racing,,, turbos or not - the cool factor at red lights and "cruising" in regular life just isn't there with the ricers..... LOL

. ;)

IMO corvettes are becoming more common so the cool factor is becoming less. I have more fun in my newly picked up 87 mustang gt then I do in my vette. The vette is nice, just got old...just not as cool with having two clones of my car in the area either.

IMO corvettes are becoming more common so the cool factor is becoming less. I have more fun in my newly picked up 87 mustang gt then I do in my vette. The vette is nice, just got old...just not as cool with having two clones of my car in the area either.

Yea because Mustanks are not COMMON...... Jeezzzzz :sillyme::crazy9: NO MUSTANK CLONES OUT THERE.... NO SIR, NO SIR.........

Every kid above 16 yoa has a ricer or a Mustank..... They are one of the most common American sports cars for kids.... Just look at the insurance rates for them no matter what the age you are since so many kids own them and smash them up. They are usually pretty cheap to buy (old Ford) and pretty cheap to fix up and get a pretty decent 1/4 mile car out of them.... Dime a dozen

I would not say a Corvette is rare, by any means.... but no where near as common as a Stang, and FAR COOLER!! Other than a classic oldie 60's Stang (like Elanor in the movie Gone in 60 seconds) I don't recall hearing any stories about Stang owners seeing "That first one" and dreaming about it for 40 years as they raised families and sent their kids off to the world and then finally getting that dream car they always wanted. The Vette world is FULL of those stories. Some people may not have the means to, and may never get to fulfill that dream but still have it none the less. Stang's on the other hand.... Nah......

Yea because Mustanks are not COMMON...... Jeezzzzz :sillyme::crazy9: NO MUSTANK CLONES OUT THERE.... NO SIR, NO SIR.........

Every kid above 16 yoa has a ricer or a Mustank..... They are one of the most common American sports cars for kids.... Just look at the insurance rates for them no matter what the age you are since so many kids own them and smash them up. They are usually pretty cheap to buy (old Ford) and pretty cheap to fix up and get a pretty decent 1/4 mile car out of them.... Dime a dozen

I would not say a Corvette is rare, by any means.... but no where near as common as a Stang, and FAR COOLER!! Other than a classic oldie 60's Stang (like Elanor in the movie Gone in 60 seconds) I don't recall hearing any stories about Stang owners seeing "That first one" and dreaming about it for 40 years as they raised families and sent their kids off to the world and then finally getting that dream car they always wanted. The Vette world is FULL of those stories. Some people may not have the means to, and may never get to fulfill that dream but still have it none the less. Stang's on the other hand.... Nah......

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

I never once said Mustangs werent common, I merely said Im seeing corvettes around my area becoming more common..please dont get the two mixed up. Before I bought my vette I maybe saw a couple running around my area...two years after owning one I see them everywhere, and kids younger then me driving ones newer then me. I went out of my way to buy this WAY COOLER car, something not everyone can fulfill in life to own...and I see them everywhere. Really sad that there are two people in this area who have cloned my exact look, Tracy from RevX has seen one, and just yesterday I saw another with the hood just like mine and completely blacked out. So much for being unique and again way cooler.

You obviously love corvettes, I thought I would love them hence why I bought one...but even after everything Ive done to it..Im bored with it, it spends more time as a lawn ornament then on the road. And and out of the year its been on the road, its accumulated 35k miles so ya really cant say I havent driven it...cause I have.

Maybe I just enjoy 1/4m to much and using one of these isnt the way to go, cause last time on the vette forums people were racing to get into the 9s then the 8s....in these cars it gets expensive. Mustang, well its a cheap common car, so its a lot easier to play with.

Dont really know why this turned into a pissing match but w/e. :shrug01:

I don't know about your area but there are teens driving Mustangs everywhere I live. Also I have never wanted to own a Mustang but I have dreamed of owning a corvette since before I had my license. Five years ago when a saw a limited edition 2004 Z06 in the dealership I have been saving my money for one and just recently fullfilled that dream. I have never wanted to own a Mustang as much as my new vette, but that is just me.

Back