• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

wanted still yet a 1956-7 or a 1961-2 Corvette project car

RSS Feed

RSS Feed Robot
I am looking only to trade! Please read on...
I have many antique and hot rod cars to trade. I am not nuts or new at this but by the time friends Email me with one for sale or trade it has been too late. This is probably not the place to run this advertised ad as too many of you guys seem to jump on any that I have been told about. I own a restoration shop here in Branson, Missouri. I have advertised here before and do not know how to keep it current. Been looking for 25+years now. I have built and owned 24 Corvettes here and in Fla. I use to own Florida Fiber-Fab. in the 70's and 80's. I am looking for an ex gasser or modified production ex sportsman racer. I do not want any roll cages nor a car that is almost nothing but a shell! I do want the hardtop and the windshield assy. The more correct it is the better. It will NEVER be a concourse car as long as I own it! If it looks good from 10 feet away then I'm interested. I have looked at my share of PARTS cars and wrecked cars and I am not interested unless the parts are all there to fix it up!
I do not want the engine, trans, posi unit, or even the front suspension unless it is still there as I have all of that. Complete interior would be nice.
What do I have to trade? Lots of early Ford cars including the Brass type. T's A's early v-8's. Most are not finished. Some are not even started. But this is what I have been doing since 1958. I taught autobody, welding and Restoration courses at 3 different colleges and Vocational Schools. So I can do your car. Would you like owning a Corvette that will take you MUCH $$ to restore and build or be out having fun in a nice real hot rod? I do not own any 4 doors, very few pick ups (3) most are tudors, coupes, and or roadsters. Some are glass and some are steel. I would like to find another early Corvette as my last Corvette. I have 3 now but not a 61 or 2. Never owned one of those. Found several 58-60's but they are not what I want. I am not crazy here either I am not going to trade my 1933 Ford roadster with Corvette rear and trans (4 speed) done for a parts car! I am not silly. But I think people come out much better trading than they do selling. Unless they have inherited it and want out just to cover bills or free up their garage. That car I cannot buy. I hope I am not laughed at too much here but I could use the help. It would cause me to turn loose of some of my other Corvette stuff. I will soon be selling on Ebay my extra cars and parts after I have what I want to finish which will be about 5 cars. (Out of 34!!!!) There are people who buy an early Corvette or other cars and sit on them thinking that they will restore it or they will come back big time in value. Personally I do not think that will happen. I know I have lived thru many years of those prices always going up. I've been in this since 1958. I hate doomsdayers and their opinions but this time I think is different. We are not producing guys to do this stuff any more. Labor rates will knock you over!
I am looking for only one car!
Thank you for your time.

Source...

Back