• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

1984 headlight

jcltc05

I have a 1984 (in the first 10K made). When I turn on the headlights they both open without a problem. When I shut them off the left light only goes down when it feels like it (which is rare). When I push the magic button it will go back down just fine. There are no decernable noises so what is it that I need to fix to get it to shut but its self every time.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I have a 1984 (in the first 10K made). When I turn on the headlights they both open without a problem. When I shut them off the left light only goes down when it feels like it (which is rare). When I push the magic button it will go back down just fine. There are no decernable noises so what is it that I need to fix to get it to shut but its self every time.

Thanks for your help.
Probly a bad relay,there are 3 (1 for right,1 for left and 1 that runs the other 2!!) of them under a black plastic shield on the front side of the left front splash shield!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a million. I'll give that a try. I can get the light down with the button but if I'm not fast enough a guy could lose a finger LOL.

Back