• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

2008 Corvette reviews

stormin9mm

Is it early to look for reviews, videos, etc on the new Corvette. I've read evry bit of information available, but looking for test drive, performance review, etc. or at least some info from an actual 2008 owner.
There seems to be quite a few left over 2007 models at dealerships in the area. Maher has at least ten and I think Dimmitt has three or four and they seem to have the most 2008's so far. The Machine Silver 1LT will be mine soon at Dimmitt I hope. I saw the Kerbeck 2008 convertible intro and it was very interesting. Thanks for any input.

I'm selling my 03 ASAP to go for an 08 .All I've found has been on line and Forums.someone said Edmonds auto had a road test.

Anyone who knows someone who is lookin' for a great 03 mine is on consignment www.frontiermotors.biz Thanks

You must have the same huge desire that I have for a 2008 Corvette. You are trying to sell a car and I am trying to sell a house I inherited. The way the housing market is, you will probably get yours before I do mine. Good Luck in your sale.

Every year there's improvements either in performance or esthetics or both. I think the 08 has both due to changes in the paddle shifters, options for 2.73 gear, increased hp, optional leather pkg interior, etc. Go for it and ENJOY.
The 09 will get you salivating again for new and improved. Must be a disease we have or something. I love my 07 and will wait until the C7 arrives hopefully in 2-3 years. :thumbsup: Mark

2008 Corvettes

Road and Track has a small article on the new Corvette. Not much of a test , more info than anything. Stated the standard exhaust was louder, and should run quicker 0-60 but probably about the same in slalom events. Hope someone that gets one will put it on VetteTube or even You Tube. Anyone want to buy a house in Belleair and make my Corvette dream become a reality?

Qman said:
I thought I read on another forum that the new body style was in the year 2012.:D
No one really knows including GM.2012 if Corvette gets the big move to the Saturn plant would be my bet.:shrug01:

2008 Corvettes

2008 Corvette made the cover of the September issue of Car and Driver.
Best improvement according to them was the steering. Also pushing the NPP exhaust system, liked the climate control and the light clutch effort..Good article, just what i've been looking for. Now to find new videos.

stormin9mm said:
2008 Corvette made the cover of the September issue of Car and Driver.
Best improvement according to them was the steering. Also pushing the NPP exhaust system, liked the climate control and the light clutch effort..Good article, just what i've been looking for. Now to find new videos.
Please keep me posted ,I'm getting close .Hope to order in the next two weeks.:thumbsup:

2008 corvette

I am wanting a 2008 Corvette more everyday. Wanting one has me noticing Corvettes evrywhere I go. I live in Largo and while sitting in Burger King on Missouri Avenue, two drive by. I go to Walmart across the street, and as I am pulling out of the drive a lady pulls up behind me in a C6 black convertible with a black top and nice wheels. Of course she pulls around me like I was standing still. Largo Corvette owners are driving me nuts, I can't wait until I become one myself.. I also happen to live almost next door to the Toy Store, which doesn't help. I have a Simpson booster seat already picked out for my seven year old grandson who I am raising. I think he is becoming as obsessed as I am at wanting a new Corvette. My mid life crisis at 56.

I've got the same problem at 60.Plus I have a ten year old grandson to share my passion.I hope your able to fulfill your passion .I'm working on mine.

Back