• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

92 C4 Wheel Size?

zayde

92 Corvette LT1 Coupe
Hello,
Are all four wheel suppose to be the same? When I was cleaning my wheels, I noticed that two have a tad wider lip (like where you would mount a hupcap), all four are the sawblade type and look identical, except for the wider lip on two? Thanks in advance.

Zayde

Not sure what year they started the staggered wheels, but I'm pretty sure is was 91 or even older. All sawblades (minus the ZR-1s) are, 17x8.5 fronts, 17x9.5 rears. Tires should be 255/45/17 and 285/40/17

wheels

Actually 8.5 front wheels and 9.5 rear were on 93-96 Vettes except ZR-1. On your 92 they should be 9.5 all around according to Corvette Specs, but not unusual for wheels to get swapped around from year to year. I have a set of 93 sawblades 8.5 front/9.5rear on my 86.

Thanks to you all.

Hello,
This forum has helped me with so much, as I am trying to get my car on the road. I truly appreciate all your assistance. God Bless.

Zayde

Back