• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

a4 tranny fluid and filter change

i did it on my firebird formula a while back and it was pretty straight forward.
just rolled over 100k so its about time. i havent gotten under the car and even looked at it yet, but is there anything i should know before i get started? any suggestions for a premium filter and fluid?

i did it on my firebird formula a while back and it was pretty straight forward.
just rolled over 100k so its about time. i havent gotten under the car and even looked at it yet, but is there anything i should know before i get started? any suggestions for a premium filter and fluid?

I used Redline in the wifes '01 mn6 tranny and diff. I will probably use Redline when I change the fluid in my A4.

Joe B.

I had the lube replaced in my manual transmission on the C5Z with Royal Purple. Made the shifting noticeably easier....... Got some Royal Purple gear lube to put in the differential next chance I get. :thumbsup:

ive heard mixed reviews of royal purple. not sure what im going to go with yet. does k&n or another premium filter manufacture provide a filter for our
4l60e's? if not i was going to use an ac delco. while im there i plan on doing the differential fluid. pretty straight forward. i plan on using synthetic mobil 1 with an additive. any other suggestions? also ive ordered a dvd of the service manual for c5s. if anyone needs any info feel free to contact me and i can send you what you need.

a few trusted mechanics said they wouldnt use it for anything. others say it works great. a while ago someone posted a review of all the oils, compare/contrast. ill have to look that up again.

Back