• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Another road trip in the ZO6!

1Bad'66

Leaving tomorrow morning and heading to Key West. Going to take the scenic route (41 to krome to 1). Staying at the Southernmost Hotel. I can't wait to cruise over the 7 mile bridge! I will be taking a ton of pics and will be videoing the cruise over the bridge with my new GoPro video camera system!

I'll post up pics when we get back!

:wavey:

Aw some! I love key West .My wife and I stay at the sister hotel the Hibiscus .I can't imagine that you won't have a blast.

Aw some! I love key West .My wife and I stay at the sister hotel the Hibiscus .I can't imagine that you won't have a blast.

It'll be great! Good times...

Ok!! I oficially hate you now!!!:lmao::lmao:
Enjoy the Keys!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Shadow! Don't be a hater man!! lol. I'm just really enjoying the 'vette and all the places we can go in it. It is soooo much different, read that better, than my old hot rod...in so many ways. :thumbsup:

...Thanks Shadow! Don't be a hater man!! lol. I'm just really enjoying the 'vette and all the places we can go in it. It is soooo much different, read that better, than my old hot rod...in so many ways. :thumbsup:

Sounds like it:thumbsup:

Lets see? Z06 + 7 Mile Bridge + Key West this time of year...and I'm stuck, in TAMPA, + Behind this desk/computer 99% of the time....huummm???...yeah, that's about right. Ok, I still hate you!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously my friend, enjoy the trip:thumbsup::dancer01:

Sounds like it:thumbsup:

Lets see? Z06 + 7 Mile Bridge + Key West this time of year...and I'm stuck, in TAMPA, + Behind this desk/computer 99% of the time....huummm???...yeah, that's about right. Ok, I still hate you!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

Seriously my friend, enjoy the trip:thumbsup::dancer01:

LOL! 10-4, wil do!

Be safe...

:wavey:

Hey Bad!,

The Corvettes of Naples takes a trip down to the Keys every year and normally stay in Islamorada. I can tell you that the drive from Islamorada down to Key
West is a great ride. We dropped the top on our '01 and the view crossing the 7 mile bridge is absolutely stunning. Enjoy the trip!

Rich

Hey Bad!,

The Corvettes of Naples takes a trip down to the Keys every year and normally stay in Islamorada. I can tell you that the drive from Islamorada down to Key
West is a great ride. We dropped the top on our '01 and the view crossing the 7 mile bridge is absolutely stunning. Enjoy the trip!

Rich

Rich, when do you guys do this? This sounds like a great cruise with a bunch of vettes!

Rich, when do you guys do this? This sounds like a great cruise with a bunch of vettes!

It is normally in September. But the club just voted last night that since they have been going down to the keys as long as they have that it might be nice to change the summer trip location. So, this September it looks like the club is going to go to St. Augustine. Let me know if you want some information.

Rich

It is normally in September. But the club just voted last night that since they have been going down to the keys as long as they have that it might be nice to change the summer trip location. So, this September it looks like the club is going to go to St. Augustine. Let me know if you want some information.

Rich

St. Augustine is nice:thumbsup:

You might also consider Cedar Key. Sort of a Key West North, without all the partying.

Beautiful area and a sweet drive west to the key:thumbsup:

Rich

Yeah Rich, would like some info...guess I outa join yer club too!

St. Augustine is nice:thumbsup:

You might also consider Cedar Key. Sort of a Key West North, without all the partying.

Yeah, we went there, not in the vette, a few years back. Very quiet, quaint downtown historic area, and some good seafood!

Beautiful area and a sweet drive west to the key:thumbsup:

We made it!!!!

Well we made it. Just checked into the hotel and got the laptops fired up. Going to head down to the Half Shell Raw Bar for some peal and eats and some liquid refreshment!!

Talk to you soon, and I will post up pics when I return.

The vette was awesome on the trip down!!!:dancer01:

Well, we had a great time in Key West. It was a fun road trip down and up! Can't wait to go again. Some pics...

DSCN5150.jpg

The Southernmost point in the United States! Only 90 miles to Cuba from here. And the Z is there!!!

DSCN5153.jpg

And a 'little' pit stop on the way home on US41...the smallest post office in the United States!

DSCN5204.jpg

DSCN5206.jpg

DSCN5207.jpg

Some tarpon @ Robbies in Islamorada:

DSCN5178.jpg

DSCN5170.jpg

A couple of 'gators in a canal on the way:

DSCN5197.jpg

DSCN5198.jpg

And I'll leave ya with a sunset @ Key West's infamous Mallory Square:

CopyofDSCN5129.jpg

Hey Scott,

Great pics! After feeding the Tarpon at Robbie's did you leave with all fingers in tact?

Rich

Back