• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Ball? A ball in the trees?

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
The last few days Connie and I have been clearing an area near the shed, cutting out underbrush and pulling grape vines out of the trees after cutting them at the base. So I was tugging on one vine trying to break it loose from the branches above and I saw what looked like a moderately sized ball falling towards me. So it hits the ground at my feet and I froze when I saw what it was.......

hive_01.jpg

Fortunately it was abandoned by it's inhabitants otherwise that particular incident would have likely turned REAL ugly on me......

Last edited:
I don't ever see them kind of nest down my way. Be fun to shoot with a shotgun.

Yeah, but only from a distance, I would guess.

Of course, I do have to wonder WHERE all those inhabitants went off to. A BIGGER nest somewhere, maybe? :eek:

those are always cool to keep as something to put on a matle or shelf as a conversation piece. my uncle had one that was easily the size of a 5 gallon bucket in his living room. he went at night and was able to eradicate the nest of the pest. He then took some of the dead yellow jackets, hornets, whatever it was, and glued them so they looked like it was a live nest.

there was one about that size at my parents house, unfortunately after I started watching it waiting for them to leave, we had a heck of a rain storm and it got destroyed....

hive_01.jpg

Fortunately it was abandoned by it's inhabitants otherwise that particular incident would have likely turned REAL ugly on me......
I knew that was going to happen,I trapped them for you!:thumbsup:

I'm psychic!~~!:D

Last edited:
Back