• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Even though this isn't venomous...

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
The bite would STILL hurt like hell....

themouth1.JPG

I'm guessing that is a Boa Constricter of some variety. What kind of fence is that and what is it supposed to keep out?

That's an African Rock Python. I have NO idea where that pic came from or the circumstances around it. It was posted on one of my other sites and I thought it interesting..... :shrug01:

You don't see many African Rock Pythons for sale in the pet trade because they are generally pretty mean spirited. With teeth like those, I guess NO ONE really wants to keep them around if they have attitudes to match... :hehehe:

Yeah, that's what those teeth are designed to do. Grab and hold onto something. An animal without arms or legs would have a pretty tough time otherwise holding onto prey items. Just for giggles, try eating a steak sometime without using your hands........... :D

It looks like it may be dead, and whoever found it/killed it posed it there on the fence to get a picture of the mouth.

Rich Z said:
That's an African Rock Python. I have NO idea where that pic came from or the circumstances around it. It was posted on one of my other sites and I thought it interesting..... :shrug01:

You don't see many African Rock Pythons for sale in the pet trade because they are generally pretty mean spirited. With teeth like those, I guess NO ONE really wants to keep them around if they have attitudes to match... :hehehe:
Rich, any guesstimates on how long and how big around that "sweet thing" is? :eek:
Andy :wavey:

Z06 Rocket said:
It looks like it may be dead, and whoever found it/killed it posed it there on the fence to get a picture of the mouth.

It is dead. I saw a show on tv last night, animal planet or something similar, and they showed the same pic. The snake was killed when it contacted an electric fence. Don't know whether it died in that position or was posed after.

Probably what happened is that the snake tried to crawl under the electric fence and at the first shock lashed out with a bite to whatever it was that it felt was hurting it. The teeth caught caught up in the wires and the snake could not extricate itself. With both the upper and lower jaw caught on the wires, there was just no way the snake could get itself loose.

Speaking of electric fences, years ago a guy I used to work with gave me this sage advice.... Don't EVER urinate even NEAR an electric fence...... :hehehe:

Probably then the snake was able to crawl through the fence, kill and eat the lamb while inside, but then met it's doom trying to crawl back out through the fence again. It was too big in diameter with the full belly to go through the fence, apparently.

Back