• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Hello from St. Augustine

GEOSURVEY

Hello everyone, I have been a member of another National Corvette Forum since 2007 and I'm excited to join a more local site. Looking forward to many good conversations with y'all.

I own a 2007 MS Coupe, A6, 2LT, stock except for a COW tune.

I will work on posting pictures and adding an avatar this week.

Welcome to the site! :welcome:

Connie and I have been trying to get back over to St. Augustine for a while now so we can have another great meal at O'Steen's, but seems something is always getting in the way...

Thanks everyone

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Mickeystoysz16 -I will get a photo of me and my wife Kim, standing by the vette this afternoon. Don't blast me if the vette isn't spotless though. I keep it washed and waxed but I am not obsessed with keeping it pristine, I even drive it in the rain.:yesnod:
What made you leave this area, I moved here 20 years ago from Central Florida (Mt. Dora) and as the saying goes "got the sand in my feet and couldn't leave".

Rich - Like I said above, I've lived here for 20 years and have not tired of O'steen's, the food is always good there. The waiting line however...it's worth the wait though.

What made you leave this area, .

Big F'ing failure call Nocatee and Rivertown. I got laid off because greedy aholes couldn't pay their bills. I hope they choke on it. I was one of the 750,000 people laid off in October of '08. I hope everyone at St. Joe goes to jail and people that own JOE stock loose everything they have they deserve it. I got a new job in the Tampa Bay area and the same thing happened in a development called Seven Oaks. Both times I was literally thrown off the job for doing my job because Quality Control and Safety cost money and the people we worked for didn't care AND were in collusion with contractors for taxpayer funded and state owned roadways. Now my townhouse in St. Johns is headed for foreclosure and my vette is for sale. Fuk em all they should join the guy from Taylor, Bean, and Whitaker.

I am currently on unemployment so in six months that runs out and the extended benefits law that was passed in '09 to allow 26 weeks of benefits expires in Jan 2012. If I am not rehired somewhere in the next six months I am getting out of this state run by corrupt politicians and the only thing they do it pocket developer money.

Last edited:
Big F'ing failure call Nocatee and Rivertown.

I am sorry to hear that. I own a small surveying and mapping firm here, I had five field crews out at Nocatee all day - five days a week then all of the sudden the bottom fell out. Luckily Nocatee was not 100% of my business but it really hurt when that work ended. Nocatee is still progressing slowly from what I see. I was mostly doing construction staking of the infastructure-water,sewer,paving and drainage. The contracting company that I was working for either left or was fired and the new contractors have their own surveyors so I'm not out there now.
I was out around Rivertown a month ago, that place should be called Ghost Town. I did not do any work in that community and from what I hear happened there I'm glad I didn't. I don't know whats going on there but I noticed that they have the curb and gutter and drainage stuctures in one area and no pavement. I mean the grass is growing over the suff. I also noticed that there was someone in there pulling up the curbing and drainage pipes. Must have been a big mistake made somewhere.
Any way hopefuly things will turn around soon and you will find employment.
I have never worked harder, than in the past two years, just to keep my head above water.
Good Luck man.

Thanks,
So you probably feel the same way about those guys as I do.

Need a rodman? I can send you my resume. The only leads I am getting are out of state.

Last edited:
Back