• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Help!!

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
OK, a show of hands here.... How many of you are actively hunting down and soliciting members for this site? :toetap05:

I sent out about 50 invites last night from people I had located. Anyone able to match that?

I'm trying hard (while I have a few moments to spare) to keep this site from dying on the vine.

I don't know that many people. But I do mention it to every show I go to. 2 per month maybe. If you had an idea for a small flyer we could put together, I could hand them out at the two Vette shows I'm going to next month. We know serveral of our members are going to be there too. If we all actively recruit while at those shows, it should help a little.

I try and go to the southeast sections on a couple of sites to promote this one. I usually find someone that is looking for local info and PM them. I'll work a little harder.

Scott

I've sent out about 5 invites this morning, including two members who signed up and never posted. A couple of the first few guys. Hope to get them back.

I'm just hitting dead ends with finding someone to do business cards or flyers for me. Had someone working on the stuff but he apparently has just vanished. All of the sites on line are basically cookie-cutter types, who want you to use their canned designs or forget about it. The guy who designed the logo at the top of the page is just hard to get a hold of..........

:shrug01: :shrug01:

Any idea what you have in mind for a logo?

What about the new sign guy from Okeechobee? Does he do business cards too?

I got one person that joined and last posted back in April back on today.

Heck, I learned long ago that I am not artistically inclined. I know what I like when I see it, but I couldn't design myself out of a paper bag. But obviously the key points are Corvettes and Florida, so those would be the eye catching elements of the design.

I'll have to see if I can remember who that guy is you mentioned and run this by him. I'm still not out of my busy season yet, but things aren't quite as gruesome as they were earlier. Still have my last show in mid September to get behind me before I will be out of the woods.

As Scott, I do what I can. I mention it to anyone I run into with a Vette. I also mention it to those who are looking for local info and gatherings.

As I've said before, not to piss you off, but you really need to delegate more if you want things to start happening. You already have a full plate (and then some) :eek:

Without cards or flyers (even something simple and temporary like the website link and the members name) it just "ain't gonna cut it" at these events. Too much going on at times, to much info input and most gets lost by the end of the day. Add a little alcohol at times and there goes the information:(

We can keep writing it down on napkins, other peoples business cards and pieces of paper, but again, most of that stuff gets trashed when they clean out the car.

Wait until October or ?? when things slow down and you'll miss quite a few event opportunities.

Just a little experience talking bro:thumbsup:

Well, any volunteers to take the bull by the horns? I do realize I can't do it all myself, but then again, maybe this isn't really someone else's problem or responsibility either......... :shrug01: I'm sure everyone has their own particular plate.......

Rich Z said:
Well, any volunteers to take the bull by the horns? I do realize I can't do it all myself, but then again, maybe this isn't really someone else's problem or responsibility either......... :shrug01: I'm sure everyone has their own particular plate.......

What do you want done? Cards? T-shirts? Banner for the site? Let me know and I'll make some calls to see what we can put together:thumbsup:

Give me an idea of what you're looking for and once it's done, I'll run it back through you for approval and shazam! we're done:hehehe:

I tell everyone about this place. More so face to face type stuff not necessarily emailing people from other sites.

Shadow said:
What do you want done? Cards? T-shirts? Banner for the site? Let me know and I'll make some calls to see what we can put together:thumbsup:

Give me an idea of what you're looking for and once it's done, I'll run it back through you for approval and shazam! we're done:hehehe:

At this point, I think business cards and one page flyers to hand out would be a good start. What I need is a capable and talented designer to put the elements of "Corvette" and "Florida" together in a design that would be eye catching but classy and not garish.

Any other suggestions such as pens or keychains? Something people would tend to pick up at a show that could have "CorvetteFlorida.com" imprinted on it?

Thanks for the help...........

Rich Z said:
At this point, I think business cards and one page flyers to hand out would be a good start. What I need is a capable and talented designer to put the elements of "Corvette" and "Florida" together in a design that would be eye catching but classy and not garish.

Any other suggestions such as pens or keychains? Something people would tend to pick up at a show that could have "CorvetteFlorida.com" imprinted on it?

Thanks for the help...........

Got just the guy. He's a member of our club www.FLCFA.net . It's an F-body club. He's been working on our banner for the site. He did the pics and took the logo we had and cleaned it up a bit. Still work to do but it's getting there. At least now we have shirts:thumbsup:

Got your PM and I'll TTY tonight for some more info on the design and we'll "get R' done!:thumbsup:

Back