• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

I went down on her again

Well I did it again,Lowered her some more.Check out the gap on the before and after pictures between the tires and the fender.She rides Sooooooooo smooth.I'm going to get new rear shocks soon,just for some more comfort.The rear can go down about 1 and half more inches.But I think she good for now.Hope you like.:thumbsup: :dancer01: :crazy03: I'll I need now are fuzzy dice and little balls inside the windshield:lmao:
Click here to see Video

LOL!! Everytime I hear that song I am reminded of the Cheech & Chong movie "Up In Smoke".............. :thumbsup:

FourG63 97GST said:
wow thats low, did u remove the front bushings?
Bushing and front bolt completly removed,got longer bolts for the rear and down she came.She rides sooooooooo sweet now,takes corner on a dime or penny.:lmao: Which ever is better.I have to let her settle down and she is going even lower.Front skirts may have to come off,Will see.Any advice to anyone who will try this,If you buy the longer bolts for the rear,make sure you get washers for them,my set did not come with them,I went the hardware store and spent 2 $ on them.Best 2 bucks I ever spent.She also still drives straight as a arrow.no alightment needed.No squeks either.Thanks for all the great compliements.If anyone wants help doing it ,just let me know,pretty easy.:thumbsup:

question, the first set-up: did you just lower the front just with the bolts or did you cut the bushing also?

I think i just want to lower mine as far as the stock bolts go. I drive over speed bumps at work everyday and my driveway is already steep enough i scrape the front air dam. Any lower i would probably crack panels and such.

BTW, you may want to reconsider removing the front plastic air dam all together as it aides in directing air up into the radiator area for cooling. Some folks have seen their temps rise because of removing it. Just a heads up.maybe just trimming it will be better.

P.S.S- Agim, Oh my damn!! Your girl is Smohokin!!!

chris308 said:
question, the first set-up: did you just lower the front just with the bolts or did you cut the bushing also?

I think i just want to lower mine as far as the stock bolts go. I drive over speed bumps at work everyday and my driveway is already steep enough i scrape the front air dam. Any lower i would probably crack panels and such.

BTW, you may want to reconsider removing the front plastic air dam all together as it aides in directing air up into the radiator area for cooling. Some folks have seen their temps rise because of removing it. Just a heads up.maybe just trimming it will be better.

P.S.S- Agim, Oh my damn!! Your girl is Smohokin!!!
Yes,the first time I lowered her I just turned the front bolts,no cutting the bushing.And yes no more speed bumps.If I remove the front air dams I will get a lower ts and reprogram the fans.But I'm caution on certian roads and if there is a speed bump i just take it sideways. And I agree with your P.S.S.

Backyard Mechanic said:
Yes,the first time I lowered her I just turned the front bolts,no cutting the bushing.And yes no more speed bumps.If I remove the front air dams I will get a lower ts and reprogram the fans.But I'm caution on certian roads and if there is a speed bump i just take it sideways. And I agree with your P.S.S.
I would keep her just like you have it: lOOks Great thumbsup: I went all the way and you end up with a real hard ride and bumpy:crazy03: .i cut my bushings and used the long bolts in the rear.I ended up raising the car back up to stock height and puttin some huge wheels on my car to eat that wheel well gap:thumbsup: .

Beautiful job Rob just beware of tall ants and discarded bottle caps on the roadway.

Ken:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Low Rider

Kap142 said:
Beautiful job Rob just beware of tall ants and discarded bottle caps on the roadway.

Ken:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rob, You are insane !!! I agree with Ken and be extra careful at crosswalks, we dont want you getting stuck on the paint lines.

Joe B.

Yeah, if you see any caterpillars in the road with a shaved streak down the center of their backs, you'll know he's been by recently... :lmao:

You are all going to laugh,but it went down again another 1" today.
The lowest point of the body sits 2 and half inches off the ground.
The front skirts sit 3/4 " off the ground,I'm the nieghbor street cleaner.:lmao:
That goodness the sit goes up and down,or I would never be able to get in or out of it.:lmao: I have 1 inch between the front tire and the front fenders and half a inch in the rear.Looks so sweet,Rides SUPER.

Maybe you should come visit me sometime. I live on a dirt (actually sandy) road, and I think your car would be just great to smooth out the road when we get that inevitable washboard effect. :hehehe:

3/4 inch? Heck, around here I would be scraping the darn thing everywhere. There would be darn few driveways or parking areas I could go into.

Wish I could lower mine, but just NO way. :nonod:

How about posting a few new pics of it from the front, rear, and sides on a nice flat level bit of concrete? I would like to see that.

Did you change your shocks? Or are your shocks still factory?

I lowered my Z06 and it seems to be bottomed out on the shocks from what I can tell. There is no apparent bounce any more to the spring in the front when I push on the fender.

Back