• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

It was Crazy at Sebring

9T8Vette

Been around for awhile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dayum what a hell of a ride at 12hrs of sebring.We arrive wednesday morning.And the day was beautiful ,except for some wicked winds.So we put the campsite together and held off on the flags and banners.Well thursday comes along and before you new it the wind was ripping threw the campsite and we were in for a hell of ride.Rain and thunder with 40mph plus gust had us holding on to the tent for near life .For over a hour we all were soak and tired from holding on to the frame of the tent .She was going to blown away at any time.Thank God we save the tent and was able to regroup, dry all the bedding and the other gear that was inside the tent.Friday was another wet one without the wind we had to dry out everything again what a mess..We lost the tarps that was on the scaffolding so we were open to all the elements.BTW MM-C5 i almost lost the Corvettes Anonymous banner i was force to cut her down before mother nature did the job for me All and all we learn a lesson and still tried to make the best of a what we had .Here's some pic's of the good times :dancer01: :ack2: :eek: :banghead: :thumbsup: http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/558245010VcsibW

It was a good race. I showed up on Fri and dealt with the frog strangler of rain that afternoon, and enjoyed the perfect weather Sat.

Did you see the GT2 finish!?!?! What a blast, beat'n and bang'n like NASCAR down the final straightaway for the checker flag! Literally slamming into each other! Closest finish (GT2) in Sebring history!

Heres a few of the Friday rain flooded Porche Corral next to the Corvette Corral.

2007_0317Sebring-1of20010.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20013.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20016.jpg

And a few of the Limited Edition Signature Ron Fellows Z06 and C6R actually raced to salute to Ron Fellows.

2007_0317Sebring-1of20137.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20147.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20211.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20072.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20220.jpg

Here's a video of the #3 white Signature Edition Ron Fellows Vette coming in for a pit stop and a driver change. Ron gets out and Johnny O'Connell gets in. Johnny can be seen sliding in over the roll bar, and Ron slowly climbs over the wall with the white helmet and red Maple leaf on the side.

SteveK said:
Great video. Too bad Ron didn't take his helmet off sooner.

Yea, but here's a few of him without his helmet on.

2007_0317Sebring-1of20083.jpg

Wishing Oliver Gavin (car #4) good luck (behind crew member with his arms crossed).

2007_0317Sebring-1of20095.jpg

And wishing fellow car driver (#3) Johnny O'Connell good luck.

2007_0317Sebring-1of20097.jpg

And a few more of the Signature Series #3 Vette in action.....

2007_0318Sebring-2of20136.jpg

2007_0318Sebring-2of20099.jpg

2007_0318Sebring-2of20056.jpg

And the only car brave enough to stand up and race with the Corvettes in GT1 was this privateer Aston Martin DBR9, piloted by Liz Halliday and 2 male teammates. The green factory sponsored Aston Martin Team pussed out when they reduced the restrictions on the Vettes (even though Corvette still describes the current "lighter" restrictions like running a marathon while breathing through a straw). (See avatar to left....)

My hats off to the #63 Modena Aston team....

2007_0318Sebring-2of20079.jpg

2007_0317Sebring-1of20170.jpg

And here was an ALMS Z06 Pace Car, but I never saw it on the track (even though it has a radio antenna and such attached to it and appears ready to go).

2007_0318Sebring-2of20025.jpg

Z06 Rocket said:
It was a good race. I showed up on Fri and dealt with the frog strangler of rain that afternoon, and enjoyed the perfect weather Sat.

Did you see the GT2 finish!?!?! What a blast, beat'n and bang'n like NASCAR down the final straightaway for the checker flag! Literally slamming into each other! Closest finish (GT2) in Sebring history!
after all the crap we went thru brother you can bet we watched that race and all the others:thumbsup: . the races and the Nite life was all we had to keep from going :crazy03: Great pics Z06Rocket now where are your sebring babe's pics :hehehe:

SteveK said:
Very nice slideshow. Thanks for sharing.

What's with all the guys dressed like cows?
Thanks partner for the comments.and those are the local cowboys that seem to wander around from campsite to campsite gettin free beers and their pics taken with the ladies:dancer01:

Back