• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New member from Palm Beach Area

palmbeachvette76

Hello everyone,

I was searching for cruise nights and car shows in southeast Florida which didn't turn up much but luckily I found this site. So far I'm really liking what you have going on here, great job.

My names Eric and I picked up my 1976 Stingray in November 2009, sort of a charity purchase to help out a family member, needless to say the car was hurting real bad but 6 months of restoration and she is presentable. I didn't do a frame off since it's a year that doesn't justify the cost and luckily didn't really need it but new interior, engine work and alot of wet sanding on the paint made all the difference in the world.

I used to spin a wrench for a living many years ago but I ended up selling performance parts at Super Shops Automotive Performance center as a store manager in Daytona, Pensacola and then West Palm Beach so it's been fun putting some old skills back to use and realizing how much I've forgotten since my last hot rod some 18 years ago.

Anyway I look forward to meeting new people and sharing and learning new things. :thumbsup:

A before shot when the car was in Alabama

01b.jpg

Some of the car now.

P3203028.jpg

P3203023.jpg

3-Copy.jpg

P3303048.jpg

Last edited:
Great to have you join us and nice looking ride. This is a great bunch and the depth of knowledge is deep.

Welcome aboard:welcome:

Sorry I can't help with south FL cruise info as I live in the central part of the state but please check the happenings section and shout at the south FL guys too.

Great to have you join us and nice looking ride. This is a great bunch and the depth of knowledge is deep.

Welcome aboard:welcome:

Sorry I can't help with south FL cruise info as I live in the central part of the state but please check the happenings section and shout at the south FL guys too.

Thanks Kap and I have been checking around the site, nice an easy to find my way around but then again it's a similar layout as some other corvette sites I go too. As big as this area here is there isn't much going on for meets, luckily my parents are retired and still live in the Daytona Beach area so the Turkey rod run will be in my future :D

Didn't look too bad on the before picture, but WHATTA DIFFERENCE on the after one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice job, and welcome to the forum. :yesnod:
Andy Anderson :wavey:

Yeah, you did a great job making that car sparkle! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club. :welcome:

:welcome:. very nice job. There is an every Friday evening cruise-in at the Tower shops in Davie. This maybe farther then you may want to travel, but to get there head south on the turnpike or I95 to I595 west. Get off at University drive and head south (left). About a block on the left you will find the Tower Shops and enter the parking lot. If you decide to park with-in the cruise-in area, enter through the northern entrance ($3). Most of the Vettes park straight back and to the right, can't miss it.

Here is a link to information on local shows and cruise-ins.

Main Site:
http://www.cruisinmusicman.com/

Cruise-ins (scroll down to Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade) :
http://www.cruisinmusicman.com/CruiseNights.htm

:welcome:. very nice job. There is an every Friday evening cruise-in at the Tower shops in Davie. This maybe farther then you may want to travel, but to get there head south on the turnpike or I95 to I595 west. Get off at University drive and head south (left). About a block on the left you will find the Tower Shops and enter the parking lot. If you decide to park with-in the cruise-in area, enter through the northern entrance ($3). Most of the Vettes park straight back and to the right, can't miss it.

Here is a link to information on local shows and cruise-ins.

Main Site:
http://www.cruisinmusicman.com/

Cruise-ins (scroll down to Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade) :
http://www.cruisinmusicman.com/CruiseNights.htm

Thanks for the link, I found that site lastnight as I was surfing around. I think I know where your talking about in Davie and might try to make it down sometime. The drive doesn't bother me it's this time of year and rain since I didn't bother puting A/C back in the car so I don't take it out if there is a threat for rain, it's hot enough with the windows down but up in the rain is a no go :nonod:

Welcome aboard and WOW!!! What a difference!

Beautiful Vette!:thumbsup:

:welcome: and enjoy:wavey:

Thanks guys, you have a great site here and I appreciate the warm welcome and kind words. As other's have mentioned in some of the other threads I've read, it seems there are some sites that don't measure up to the friendly, mature nature of this site. Keep up the great work, it really makes a difference.

Thanks guys, you have a great site here and I appreciate the warm welcome and kind words. As other's have mentioned in some of the other threads I've read, it seems there are some sites that don't measure up to the friendly, mature nature of this site. Keep up the great work, it really makes a difference.

:notworthy::notworthy: but thank you for the kind words.

We try real hard to make this a friendly, family sort of place that everyone can enjoy. There's enough "drama" elsewhere (and in the real world) for me.

:IThankYou::icon_cheers:

Back