• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Don Meyer

Don Meyer
Hi, My name is Don Meyer. I have owned 9 Vettes thru out the years starting w/a 1960 in 1965. I have owned mostly mid yrs. I sold my 9th earlier this yr ...a 02 Zo6 due to a much lower retirement income.

I live in St Cloud, FL & have a 4 car garage . It has a hyd lift, paint booth,mig & tig welders etc.

I like doing body/paint work, but do not like mech work. I have done body/paint work on at least 25 Vettes thru out the yrs. for friends.

I miss not having a Vette & am trying to gather info on wheather to start looking for a C3 or C4. I only can afford something below $10k.I would like to find one in good mech condition needing body/paint work. I would prefer a manual trans.

Glad to be a member & hope I can help in the fiberglass/paint area.

Welcome

:welcome: :dancer01: This is a good place to be,Lot's of good folks here,They are very knowledgable and very down to earth.Need some:pics: We love to see them.

:welcome: Don!

I too have a four car garage, but at the moment it only holds my '01 vert. In a couple months will be retiring and moving permanently to Ft. Myers. Will transport the '69 big block and the '04 Z06 CE when we move. Don't have a lift yet, but that is something that is a possibility someday. I designed the garage so that I have enough ceiling height if I decide to add the lift.

Well good luck with your search. There is a ton of information on the internet, just be careful dealing long distance!

Rich

:welcome: aboard! :thumbsup:
Finding a C4 under $10K shouldn't be a problem.
I got my '93 vert for $7.5K and it has been great.

:welcome: to the site, Don! Good luck on your search. Sooner or later the "right" one will come along.

:welcome: To the GANG. Check out CorvetteTrader.com. You might see something there. Mark

Thanks for the welcomes & help. I've been checking E-Bay, but am afraid to buy from the slte. I just got to contain my enthusiasm & be patient.

I am going to start by looking lat 4 or 6 spd cars.

Don

Yeah, Ebay is DEFINITELY a "buyer beware" atmosphere. You might want to think about attending some Corvette shows to see what might be there. Some of them are for sale there.

Good luck!

Rich, did you see the green 85 with the gold stripe in Crawfordville? It was at the used car dealer across from the Wal-mart. I stopped to look at it last November? I think. The interior was fair, but it needed a repaint. It was a 4+3 and had a new targa top. He was trying to get somewhere between 8K and 14K. I was wondering if you had inquired about it. He had it for some time, just wondering what it went for.

85vette said:
Rich, did you see the green 85 with the gold stripe in Crawfordville? It was at the used car dealer across from the Wal-mart. I stopped to look at it last November? I think. The interior was fair, but it needed a repaint. It was a 4+3 and had a new targa top. He was trying to get somewhere between 8K and 14K. I was wondering if you had inquired about it. He had it for some time, just wondering what it went for.

Yes, I saw it sitting on the lot for the longest time, but never stopped and inquired about it. Connie didn't express much interest in it, so I didn't press the issue. There is a real nice looking (from a distance passing by, anyway) bright red C3 out near the airport sitting on a lot. I think it was off of Orange Ave, if I remember correctly. Was in kind of a hurry that day, and haven't had any reason to run back there. Not that I need another vette right now. Connie is a bit peeved (but it was her decision) that the C6 took her Silverado's spot under the carport...... :hide:

luke07 said:
Hi! I am a newbie as well and this seems to be an awesome site. See you around.

Hi Luke! Welcome to the club. :welcome:

Welcome aboard. A few months back I'd have offered you mine for a very decent price, but it looks like I've decided to keep it and sell the 2000 Z28 convertible instead. The insurance is stupid for a car that sits 95% of the time!

I have an 87 targa, runs great, replaced interior recently but needs some TLC in the area of paint and body. The last shop I took it to did a crap job on it then dissapeared into the night!!!:(

Back