• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 painting dial face

while i had the dash and cluster tore apart, i decided to paint the dials. i think it came out great, and im really happy with the results. it was pretty nerve racking. i used a silver sharpie permanent marker. what do you all think?

Last edited:
thanks. im glad i did it. if i hadnt, i would alsways be kicking myself for not doing when had the car torn apart. learned that when i didnt paint rotor caps and calipers while installing new rotors.

just did it free hand. around the dial, the plastic comes up to a ridge. the job would have been alot easier if i could have found a marker tip shaped like this
___
l b l
l o l
l d l
l y l
/_/ think they call it a calligraphy tip

i looked in a few sections of the wal mart and only could find the medium tips shaped like

[marker body]>----- (these are impressive text diagrams)

made the job much harder and stressfull, trying to get the marker onto the ridge in a consistent manner, while keeping the body of the marker from runninginto every other part of the cluster

Back