• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Scarcity of Corvettes....

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Unbelievable as it may seem, Connie and I drove out to Santa Rosa Beach, out near Destin, on Sunday and didn't see a single solitary Corvette the entire day. We drove the C6Z, which hasn't been out in two months.

Where ARE the Corvettes lately?

Now surprisingly enough, we just drove up into Tallahassee today and saw about a half dozen. But of course we were driving the truck, so the "banner advertising logo" on the Corvettes didn't help any then...

Guess it's just luck of the draw........ :shrug01:

Thats cause Vettes melt in the rain, smog, dust, extreme heat, humidity, migrating birds so they are doomed to a lonely life in some dark garage somewhere while all the other cars are out playing...

Actually it was a beautiful day out all day Sunday. Didn't get a drop of rain the entire trip. Actually I was EXPECTING to get rained on yesterday, but just didn't happen. Been raining around these parts just about every day now for the past couple of months, so it was just plain luck that we didn't catch any ourselves.

Realistically the only part I really don't like about the rain is that it turns our sandy road into a mud bogging trial. So I have to get a bunch of crud out of the wheel wells that the tires throw up into them. Beyond that, the body panel surfaces are so slicked up that water isn't going to do much to them anyway.

Rich
I see vettes here in Fort Myers daily on my to and from work. Most are C4s and newer but they're out there.

My car spends most of it's time hooked up to a battery tender...Working more and playing less (even on weekends)
I hope to change back again soon, but this is the new norm for a lot of folks..:rolleyes:

My car spends most of it's time hooked up to a battery tender...Working more and playing less (even on weekends)
I hope to change back again soon, but this is the new norm for a lot of folks..:rolleyes:
NO B.S. !!! :yesnod:
Andy :wavey:

:thumbsdown: I feel your pain, I'm working 10X harder , for 10X less !

CNN says one of the reasons for gas prices going down is simply lower demand. Everybody is saving those dollars where ever they can, even "vette drivers.:nonod:

:iagree: I have have to keep telling myself to take it out on a Sunday to go to the beach, downtown, or to the mall. Every time I do drive it though I remember how much fun it is.

Last edited:
Took mine for a spin yesterday and got caught in some rain showers. It sucks to have extra cleaning to do but it did not melt!!

My car spends most of it's time hooked up to a battery tender...Working more and playing less (even on weekends) ... "

So was mine and because of having the battery tender baby sit it, I am now the proud owner of a new (needed) gas tank and accompanying sending unit, tank neck and cap, support straps, new (needed) fuel pump, all new (needed) brake calipers and (needed) front brake hoses, the fun and excitement of rebuilding the carburetor, blah, blah, blah.
I will never let what happened to this car, happen again. :NoNo:

I, of course, am just getting fired up again with my new 03Z so she's gonna play in the sun and whatever.

Ken:dancer01::dancer01:

Back