• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Searching for C5 Z06

Flocki

Hello,

I introduced me and my mission in the "Welcome"-board.
Short discription:
going to Miami @ 23th Feb 2008
objective: Get a nice C5 Z06 and bring it to Germany.

Don´t know where to buy, how to pay, which model I should take....

Some thoughts about the "perfect" one:
- black or yellow outside
- red or black/red inside
- built 2002 or above
- under 40k miles

If some money still remains after the deal, I want to invest in some goodies.
Exhaust, Air Intake, Headers?

But at first - the car :D

Don´t want to spend more than 28K USD, have to pay the shipping and taxes in Germany, and that´s a nice amount of money the German Customs and Tax Office demands from me.

2003 MY Z06 , black interior.
13300 miles , a friend just decided to sell this week, bad back.
I think he said 31K.
If you have any intrest, PM me & I will get you his phone ##.
The Z in in Dunedin, Fl.
(scary part is he is going to a Toyota Avalon)

Toyota Avalon???

Interest is always there for a Z...shall talk via pm!

If anyone here sees a good one @ a dealer in a circle of 100 miles around miami, please let me know it!

Toyota Avalon???

Interest is always there for a Z...shall talk via pm!

If anyone here sees a good one @ a dealer in a circle of 100 miles around miami, please let me know it!

If you work out a deal on the one in Dunedin Florida you can drive it to the ship in Miami. It's about a 5 hour ride on the open highway. It would be a fun ride in your new Z. I made a similar trip from Miami to Tampa when I bought my first Vette a few years ago.

I´m not sure if this is allowed to me.

When he (private) sells the car, he takes the number plates away, right?
So I don´t have any plates or going to organize them, the car shall only be for export (don´t have to pay the sales tax!).
And without plates...that ride will get the interest of every policemen ;)

Correct me if I´m wrong!

I´m not sure if this is allowed to me.

When he (private) sells the car, he takes the number plates away, right?
So I don´t have any plates or going to organize them, the car shall only be for export (don´t have to pay the sales tax!).
And without plates...that ride will get the interest of every policemen ;)

Correct me if I´m wrong!
In most states you can get a Temp Tag if you buy short term Liability Insurance!:thumbsup: PS I have a 01 Z06 Black on Black with 34,000 miles. It has had some Damage,But it was repaired properly by me personally, I'm a I-Car Certified Technician!! I bought it and repaired it ex-specially for myself!! But unfortunately the Car business has been tough the last year so I will sell it!!:thumbsup:

http://www.frontiermotors.biz/2001ZO6.html

Last edited:
Yea you should be able to get a 30 day temporary paper license tag that would expire, but by then the car would be in Germany!

Some private sales may allow you to keep the official metal tag with you and mail it back to them. It's up to the seller though, and only good for a few days at most.

Anyway, must I pay these strange sales taxes if I get a temp tag?
Don´t wanna play around with the Zed in Florida, we´re going to have a rental.
It´s just for bringing it to the harbour. If the seller would allow us to take his old plates for that drive - then I can spread my thoughts on privates, too!

add:
The exterior colour of the car is not really important. I have seen a blue one on a dealers page and I would take it.

"Black's Automotive Group" in Orlando just got a Yellow 2001 Z. Absoulutely beautiful!!! Under 5,000 miles. Wants $31K for it.... Its going to make someone very very happy!

It is, truly :D:D:D

Oh f***, perhaps the car is sold until my arrival. Damn pretty car!

@gmjunkie: Do you still have the pics from the repair? Where was it hit and what was damaged?

@gmjunkie: Do you still have the pics from the repair? Where was it hit and what was damaged?
Sure, I have ALL of them!!:thumbsup:It wasn't that bad!!I spent about $6,400. with 4 New tires and my time!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
How did you get her in this constitution?

Sure that nothing of the axles / brakes / suspension was hit?

What was replaced at all?
What was repainted?

How did you get her in this constitution?

Sure that nothing of the axles / brakes / suspension was hit?

What was replaced at all?
What was repainted?
It was a Repossession from a Financial Institution!!
Yeah,I put a Steering Rack and Lt Steering Knuckle,Wheel Bearing and Both Front Wheels on it to be safe!! The car aliened perfectly and I myself have driven it over 3,000 miles!!:thumbsup: It Runs Like a Banshee,and Drives Great!!:crazy03: Got my first speeding Ticket in it in over 3 years,SO says sell it!!:rofl1::rofl1::D

Hey gmjunkie, your Z seems to be a nice option for me.
Where is the car located? On your hp stands something about north carolina, I won´t hope it´s there :shrug01:
Anyway, if you haven´t sold it during the next weeks I would take a look at it!
Checked finances & calculation...new limit is @ 28K.

Hey gmjunkie, your Z seems to be a nice option for me.
Where is the car located? On your hp stands something about north carolina, I won´t hope it´s there :shrug01:
Anyway, if you haven´t sold it during the next weeks I would take a look at it!
Checked finances & calculation...new limit is @ 28K.
Yeah,It's in a Garage in North Carolina,But you know,it starts every time,It drives like a Dream,and I might need to have some warm weather and sunshine!!!:D:D:D

A question to everyone:
Someone in the german corvette forum has written, that it might be a problem to get a test drive with a vehicle on a car dealer.
Hey, that doesn´t sound very.....cool.
Before I would buy a car, a test drive with it for a couple of miles (need to test every gear!) is a must! Without it, I would say - sorry, but there are other options.
Please tell me your experience - is it that problem to test a vette before the buy?

A question to everyone:
Someone in the german corvette forum has written, that it might be a problem to get a test drive with a vehicle on a car dealer.
Hey, that doesn´t sound very.....cool.
Before I would buy a car, a test drive with it for a couple of miles (need to test every gear!) is a must! Without it, I would say - sorry, but there are other options.
Please tell me your experience - is it that problem to test a vette before the buy?

I think it just depends. Dealers are rightfully concerned about having just anyone take a high performance car out for a spine. Probably the younger you are, the less likely it will happen. More than likely, they get kids wanting to just drive a Corvette any way they can, with absolutely no intention of actually buying it. So could you blame them for being a bit circumspect about who they lend the keys to? Heck, I knew if I had one of mine up for sale, I certainly would be real critical about who takes it out for a spin........

Back