• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

So where do you think Dale Jr will land?

Rebekah7155

I am hoping for a Black #3 Bud car :thumbsup:
I'm a Harvick fan but I think that Kevin's team has grown, changed, and matured enough to handle a high profile team mate and hold their own. With all of the COT and mystery caution crap in the news Nascar could not have dreamed up a better drama...

The #3 Goodwrench car is his for the asking and that would be a mega happening for all the Sr. fans as well as Jr. fans.

Seeing Dale Jr. in a black #3 fielded by Childress is indeed a dream scenario. I believe as Jr. said, that was his goal toward the end of his driving career because the #3 truly belonged to his dad. It is a very personal matter, not just racing hype he and Childress must deal with. Is this the time??? We can only hope so and wish Dale Jr. many championships. Teresa.......you may build a contending race team, but the DALE is no longer in DEI. You lost them both..........

I am not sure he is ready to jump into the 3 car with a Goodwrench sponsorship. He makes way too much money from Bud to let that get away, nor do I believe that Bud will let him get away. That is a much better partnership that what he had with his step mother! He may go to Childress, but if he does, I think it will be under a different number with the Bud sponsorship going with him, maybe number 08? RCR already fields a car number 07.

But don't rule out Gibbs or Hendricks. I don't know whether Gibbs is ready to start a fourth team, but Jr. is close with Stewart and Hamlin and this could make a great team. Although I am not sure that Hendricks is a great fit for Jr. at the moment, don't count this out. Hendricks is the smartest buisness man in this sport. How could he not take a run at Jr. to add the most popular driver with one, if not the best sponsor to his stable? The issue I see with Hendricks is that Nascar has already stated that the teams will be restricted to a limited number of cars in the future. I think it will be four cars. Picking up Jr. now would complicate this situation in the next year or two as NASCAR implements this new rule. But Hendricks is the type of guy that might say I will worry about that when the time comes and this is a guy that I can't pass up. If this happens, then I would think that Mears would be the odd man out. Not a bad stable of drivers with Jr., Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Bush.

I really think we are still about 8 to 10 years away from Dale picking up his Dad's number. I really think this will be more toward the end of his driving career. But don't be surprised if he does the same thing his Dad did. Drive for one owner, RCR as and example, and field his own Cup team under JR Motorsports.

Obviously, pure speculation on my part. But this is the marque driver in the sport, and I know he wants to stay with Chevy, but don't be surprised if a few owners like, Evernham or even Rousch approach him. That boy carries gold around with him and they all know it!

Dispite all that has been said and written a mid night deal can still come down from DEI. Unlikely but a remote possibility.

I just heard on the radio to expect an announcement from Childress in the next couple days.... could be an interesting weekend.
I would just like to see Jr with a good team. He could go to RCR and not drive the 3 which is what I am kind of thinking he will do. As far as the 8, I think DEI owns that so I doubt he'll be in that unless Theresa lets him have a parting gift for good press. It's sad they could not work out a deal but I am not sure she is deserving of being turned into Step- Mommy dearest like they were saying on ESPN this morning lol

vett boy said:
The #3 Goodwrench car is his for the asking and that would be a mega happening for all the Sr. fans as well as Jr. fans.
I was thinking the same thing. Before the season is over he could strike a deal with DEI. Hendricks would be the team to go with as they have been in good form this year and I think Casey Mears would be the disposable driver in that scenario. Remember a few weeks ago he drove the Kyle Busch car at the end of a race too. I would like to see him with another team and get away from all that family crap. Chevy wants him in a GM car and Budweiser wants him as their driver.

RCR ! RCR ! RCR ! (At least I hope) I'm a Harvick fan, but I've always liked JR, and It would be great to see RCR as a powerhouse team again like it was in the past.

Hendrick racing with new found friend and teammate Jeff Gordon lol :lmao: how do ya think the Talladaga fans would react to that ? I think he will end up with RCR, unless of course DEI tanks without him, then Theresa will have no choice but to welcome Jr. back where he belongs, in control of his fathers company.

They had Richard Childress on the Busch pre-race last night and I swear all the time he was saying no, nothing has happened yet he looked like he had canary feathers flying out of his mouth...;)

I almost wish he would go to Hendrick though just to spite the embarrassing Talladega beer tossers

Nytro said:
Hendrick racing with new found friend and teammate Jeff Gordon lol :lmao: how do ya think the Talladaga fans would react to that ? I think he will end up with RCR, unless of course DEI tanks without him, then Theresa will have no choice but to welcome Jr. back where he belongs, in control of his fathers company.
I don't know what DEI will do without Junior, I guess they will just sell T-shirts

Wow, hot topic!
1. I don't think Jr. would go back to DEI if Teresa begged him at this point. What Jr. wants and needs is to contend for a championship. In order to do that he will need the best equipment and crews. Where will he find that? Obviously it's NOT at DEI.
2. RCR is a good team, and a sentimental favorite, but can it be a championship contender? Dale Sr. proved that RCR could field a car capable of winning races and championships, but that was then and Dale Sr. was driving. This is not to take anything away from Jr. He's a good driver and I believe he's not reached his potential, but TEAMS are winning championships now, it's not just a driver thing.
3. Hendricks Motorsports. Obviously these guys are for real. But they would have to run Casey Mears off to make room for Jr. That's not unrealistic. Whatever it would cost to drop Mears would be pocket change compared to the following and money Jr. would bring with him. Hendricks has the resources and isn't afraid to spend money to make money. This would be almost unfair though. It may have to go before the federal trade commission to ensure it doesn't monopolize NASCAR. But boy, wouldn't the Talladega crowd have problems with that!
4. Joe Gibbs Racing. With the right crew chief and pit crew, this could be a good fit. They have proven in the past they can win races and championships. But right now, and with the Car Of Tommorrow rapidly becoming the Car Of Today, they are struggling.
5. My opinion; If Jr. wants to win championships, he doesn't need the added pressure of team ownership. There are too many distractions that come with that. What he needs is:
Hendrick's Chassis.
Hendrick's Engines.
Hendrick's testing ability and technical assistance.

Now, WHAT IF Jeff Gordon (who is part owner of Jimmy Johnsons car) decided to field another car!?! And boy, wouldn't the Talladega crowd have problems with that! But you know what? It would probably be the best scenario for Jr.

I see Dale Jr at RCR, with the same Bud sponsor and the number 30 on the car.

RCR had or still has the rights to the number 30, and jr. seems set in his way that the #3 needs to stay retired, as it was his father that made it what it is. But the #30 is close to #3. Plus he is not about to give up the money he gets from Bud.

I read where Gibbs Racing does not want an alcohol sponsor, so that seems to rule out Gibbs and Hendricks already has a 4 car team, which is the max allowed by NASCAR.

Just read were NASCAR is going to fine Tony Eury Jr $100,000.00 and 6 weeks suspension for illegal brackets that passed two inspections.
Also The team will lost 100 owner points and 100 driver points.
NASCAR has been going down hill fast in the last few years, my opinion anyhow.
I'm thinking J.r could go to Ginn Racing.
Rick

I'm stupefied they fined Jr 100 points. Isn't that the same as the Waltrip fine? I think that is a bit excessive....and I am not a member of Earnhardt nation.... :shrug01:

Nascar is certainly clamping down with the fines etc. I guess they must think it was deliberate and they were trying to cheat. I wonder if they test drivers for steroids also, you know do they stay on top of it like Major League Baseball has for the past 10 years. I mean with all these rules pretty soon the NHL will try to take the fighting out of hockey. :crazy03: :crazy03: :crazy03:

Back