• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Sway Bar Endlinks C5

SteveGel

If you have a c5 1997 up to 2001 (even Z06) you have the plastic endlinks. Relpace them with the 2002 or up. Mine look like crap and the rubber seal around it was cut open. Their $20 bucks each. (new one on the left)
7321a066.jpg

Last edited:
My understanding is that the 2002 Z06 comes with the metal links. I hope I am right. Plastic has it's place, but not there........

IVOZ06 said:
Best cheapest mod I have done, times two.

How long does this take? Can we do it when we do my headers Ivo? Where do I get them? I'll have to check our supporting vendors for Z06Vette.

Scott

MADN3SS said:
How long does this take? Can we do it when we do my headers Ivo? Where do I get them? I'll have to check our supporting vendors for Z06Vette.

Scott

I believe I have seen just about all of the vendors carrying them. I'm sure Eckler's has them. BTW, if you order from Eckler's their UPS ground service gets to just about anywhere in Florida the same speed as the premium overnight service. So don't waste your money paying that premium if you are in a hurry. Won't really gain you anything.

After a little research, should I just buy stock, which seem to run $80-$90. Or is it worth getting performance ones for $250. Is there really much of a difference?

I believe the lnks are made of aluminum. What other material would give "better performance"? Titanium?

So far, for stock replacement, Ecklers is the highest at $120. Corvette Garage is $80. West Coast Corvette is $79. LAPD is $90.

This is the description from LAPD (LA Performance Division) $250

Replace your stock plastic 1997-2001 C5/Z06 Corvette sway bar end-link set with Hotchkis' heavy duty American made Teflon lined Heim joint end link set. These are heavy duty adjustable units that come completely assembled and include aircraft grade AN washers and nylon lock nuts. Heavy duty end-links (#1797) are included with Hotchkis Performance's C-5 Sport Sway Bar set (# 2234), and are also a "must up-grade" on stock FE-3, Z-51 and F-45 suspensions.

Damn, that's quite a spread in prices! I guess I would balance out the materials and workmanship against the price and get what seems to be the best bang for the buck. I've gotten other stuff from Eckler's and their prices seemed comparable to everyone else I checked. I'm sure we all get the same catalogs in the mail.......

Always found Ecklers to be the highest price Scott.:(

Go with the stock replacement, for your driving, they will do it Bro.

Jack

Back