• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tallahassee, FL 03/10/07 - Photos!

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
The weather was gorgeous, and you couldn't have asked for a better day!

tlh07_01.jpg

tlh07_02.jpg

tlh07_03.jpg

tlh07_04.jpg

tlh07_05.jpg

tlh07_06.jpg

tlh07_07.jpg

tlh07_08.jpg

tlh07_09.jpg

tlh07_10.jpg

tlh07_11.jpg

tlh07_12.jpg

tlh07_13.jpg

tlh07_14.jpg

tlh07_15.jpg

tlh07_16.jpg

Rich, glad to see you make and to have a chance to meet you. I think everything turned out pretty good and hope you had a great time. Look forward to seing you again.

Kenny

I think Champion Chevrolet needs to plant some more palm trees on their property. Many of those pics look like they could have been taken in Ohio or something..... :)

Yeah, Connie and I had a great time. Met lots of folks from the Citrus County Club there as well, so we expect that show in Silver Springs weekend after next is going to be a lot of fun as well. Connie wants to get her picture taken with the Elvis impersonator who is supposed to grace the show there.

I got a bit of sunburn on my face and neck. Don't think I could do these shoes in the dead of Summer. I would have to buy a red vette to match my skin color........:ack2:

Speaking of Elvis, in case many of you don't know this, the Elvis film called Follow That Dream was actually filmed in the Crystal River area. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0055992/) Matter of fact, they renamed that road "Follow That Dream Parkway". You can actually see the bridge and location where the Kwimpers camped out and made a home in the movie.

Just a little bit of Florida trivia here...... :)

Actually I had the decals (front and back) completely replaced. Other letters were coming loose on the old ones. :ack2: Hopefully these new ones will hold up better....... :shrug01:

Very nice photos, Rich! Those folks are serious about showing their vettes. Those engine bays gotta be clean to have those hoods up! Your vette looks great! No open hood there, though....:toetap05:

Oh, I did open it up later in the day. Had a bunch of people wondering why I had an intercooler, though...... :hehehe:

Looks like a great time!

Am i the only one who noticed the "park bench" somebody put on the vette parked behind Rich's!!! :eek:

chris308 said:
Am i the only one who noticed the "park bench" somebody put on the vette parked behind Rich's!!! :eek:

Everyone at the show certainly noticed it. This was a FULL race car that the guy who owns it built from the ground up. No frills whatsoever. Loud as HELL! He has a shop in Panama City if I remember correctly. From the looks of the tires front and back, this wasn't made to be a quarter miler....

Back