• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

The Pursuit of Happyness

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
I've had this movie sitting on the shelf for the longest time, and only watched it for the first time a few days ago.

I've always tended to like watching movies with Will Smith in them, and this one was no exception. He puts on a convincing act. Basically about a guy down on his luck and pinning all his hopes on a long shot. Not a long shot based on luck, but one based on sheer force of will to succeed.

Pretty scary movie, actually, as you will find yourself wondering about your own financial future and thinking that just a few bad turns of luck could put you down and out. The scariest part of the movie to me was when he says to his son something to the effect that they were flat broke. No money, and nothing of value to be able to use to get any more. No assets, no home to go to, and no one to turn to. End of the line.

Worth a look if you haven't seen it already. But not really a fun movie to watch unless you are into tear jerkers.

This is based on a true story and the person that this movie is about just spoke at a home builders show in Orlando a month or 2 ago. I would love to meet him.

Another interesting point is that the child is played by Will Smith's actual son.

I truly enjoyed the story line and also thought hard about what would I have done in the same situation.

Back