• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Tires? i need better rubbers

Now that Greg at Antivenom has turned my strong running stock 06 a6 into a beast with the AR headers and tune, i find it hard to keep my C6 on the road.

I am thinking about going with non runflats, what would be a good sticky tire to use, and also be a good street tire?

Chas

I have the same wheels as you, even though my car if different
I have falken tires on them, they were not as expensive as the other but they are nice and sticky, and Im not landing in ditches anymore:lmao:

Michlins's, Pirelli's all good but $$$

Had both Falkens and Sumitomos before. No problems with either.

Both reasonably priced.

Now if you really want to hook up, Hoosiers!!!

I could always sell my runflats and help offset the price of a new set tires.

Maybe Tirekingdom next to Antivenom can help me out.

Check with Greg on that. I hope they're better than the group of idiots we have at the TK here next to Andrehs Insty Tune:(

Try Performance Tire and Wheel on Linebaugh west of Gunn. See Mike or Jenn. Tell them I sent you and see if they can hook you up?

Also might try Allied tire if TK or Performance can't help you?

But I'd check with Greg for a reference first.

I called Greg he is gonna look into it for me. The Tirekingdom next his shop did great work on my rim swap!

A couple years ago I got fed up with the runcraps on my '01 vert. I did a lot of research and spent some time on the phone with the guys at Tire Rack. I eventually decided to go with the Goodyear GS D3s. The have been a great tire dry and wet. I got caught in a tremendous down pour in Savannah, Ga, and the car never missed a beat.

I would definitely call Tire Rack. Not only do they sell tires, they actually test them out so your rep will have on hand experience with the tires. When I ordered mine I got them the very next day. Whoever you decide, I hope you have a good experience. Not everyone that owns a tire machine knows what they are doing or cares about your rims. Just my opinion.

Rich

I too used Tire Rack. When I placed the order on the internet they called on my cell and made sure that I knew that what I ordered was not going to work with a stock wheels. To me that was going the extra mile. They could have just shipped them and then said oh well. When I told them the wheels that I was going to use they told me that I would be fine. I just wish that they would sponsor our forum. (hint, hint, if they are online :D )

If you have an installer, I believe Tire Rack will ship directly to them.

Rick,

You are correct. If you go onto the Tire Rack website they will give you a list of installers that handle their installations and they will ship directly to that installer if you wish. That said, I would still look at each one of those installers to make sure that you are comfortable with them. I had a good experience using their recommended installer and having the tires drop shipped directly to them.

Rich

Back