• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

TQ management

LMB 4 ME

Does turning off "torque management" (by way of computer tune) have anything to do with the traction control system?
If TQ management is turned off does traction control and active handling still kick in the same when needed?

TM is the PCM/ECM pulling timing & power to help protect the drivetrain.....as Rascelle states, has nothing to do w/TC or AH.:thumbsup:

When you tune out most of TM, just make sure you hang on for dear life.

What a difference it makes with TM removed!

Yeah.... I'm wondering how much torque management the new ZR1 is going to have programmed in......... :shrug01:

Yeah.... I'm wondering how much torque management the new ZR1 is going to have programmed in......... :shrug01:

Probably very little, which is why they require the buyer to have previously owned a Corvette - AND go to their performance driving school before they sign the car over to you.

Probably very little, which is why they require the buyer to have previously owned a Corvette - AND go to their performance driving school before they sign the car over to you.

Really? That is a requirement prior to purchase? Even if you can demonstrate that the car you presently drive comes pretty close in matching (or even exceeding) the power of the ZR1?

Honestly, I think any salesman having a customer walk away from a $100K plus sale because of such a requirement is going to back pedal when he sees that sale evaporating when the potential customer gets all huffy about it.

Just out of curiosity, WHERE is this driving school held? Unless they have one within easy driving distance of every dealer selling a ZR1, I can see this being a real problem....

I don't know where it's held, but yes I read that they were going to make them take a class or two on the car. Probably to limit their liability for a high speed crash like the one that tore the Ferrari Enzo in half out on wacky world, I mean Kali-for-ne-ahh.

Got an auto? I read that TM is used to retard the timing during wide open throttle at the shift points of an auto trans to keep unnessary strain off of the driveline components. Don't know if it works the same on 6 speeds though. You might try Corvette Action Center and ask Hib Halverson. He wrote the article that I read.
Andy Anderson

Got an auto? I read that TM is used to retard the timing during wide open throttle at the shift points of an auto trans to keep unnessary strain off of the driveline components. Don't know if it works the same on 6 speeds though. You might try Corvette Action Center and ask Hib Halverson. He wrote the article that I read.
Andy Anderson

Yes, I do have an auto and thanks for the info.

Back