• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Waterless car wash??

thebeepster

truth seeker
Now that "modified Phase 4" water restrictions have been imposed on the west coast (of FL) we can no longer wash our own cars...seek comments from those who have used the "waterless car wash" products. Do they really work, or is it snake oil?:shrug01:

Now that "modified Phase 4" water restrictions have been imposed on the west coast (of FL) we can no longer wash our own cars...seek comments from those who have used the "waterless car wash" products. Do they really work, or is it snake oil?:shrug01:

Snake oil as far as what I have seen. It would be easier and more productive to get a McGuire's spray or order some glaze spray from FLASH WAX. As long as the car is just a little dirty or dusty the spays will work fine. Beyond that you can take your chances with a quick wash or take it to a professional who can hand wash it without running it through the machine wash.

I used this NASCAR stuff before on the Black Z28 and it worked ok:thumbsup:

Probably not what I'd recommend for the finicky or the professional, but it's better than dirt!

I like the idea of hiring the neighbor. Ok, here's $20.00 go wash the car.

(Fine $100.00 minimum):lmao:

Ah yes....entreprenurship:thumbsup::lmao:

Maybe you could just send up some fifty-five gallon drums up near Tallahassee way and collect all the rainwater you want. It's been raining cats and dogs here for days now. Our road has ponds (not puddles) all through it. The spring peepers certainly are happy, though...

Maybe you could just send up some fifty-five gallon drums up near Tallahassee way and collect all the rainwater you want. It's been raining cats and dogs here for days now. Our road has ponds (not puddles) all through it. The spring peepers certainly are happy, though...

Wanna borrow my Landcruiser?

I know when my baby gets out of the shop this week, shes getting two baths shes that dirty.

Saw a guy post a video on the Optimum No Rinse with awesome results. Might be something to take with ya while on car cruise that ends at a car show.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1569524880-post23.html

Same thread, some guys 05 claims...
I use a duster on my 05 once a week, then quik detailer by Meguiars.

Every other week, I use Optimum No Rinse. Other than that, car has never been to a car wash:

And picture of said 05

05e58c20.jpg

Pretty damn good results. Its funny reading all the other owners comments. You can tell who the garage queens are. Afraid to drive in the rain but dont have a problem washing their car with crappy county/city water.

Wanna borrow my Landcruiser?

You might need it for a Sandcruiser... Here's my dog turning my backyard into a sand pit.

Attachments

• Air Fest 09 007.jpg
    Air Fest 09 007.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Air Fest 09 003.jpg
    Air Fest 09 003.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Air Fest 09 005.jpg
    Air Fest 09 005.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 119
  • Air Fest 09 025.jpg
    Air Fest 09 025.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 118

I'm envious...want to move north. I've lived in Tampa Bay 17 yrs and water restrictions have been in place the whole time. This area is just so overcrowed there is a shortage of EVERYTHING...no infrastructure. I'd leave but can't even GIVE the house away...rant, rant...:banghead:

Waterless car wash?

:shrug01:

Say it ain't so!! :nonod:

It will end the Hooter's and BikeWeek bikini clad babes car wash poker runs and benefits!! :toetap05:

Guts me thinkin' tho...:thinkin:...we still have wet t-shirts contest!! :crazy03:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Life is good once again! :lmao:

well im just going to roll my vette to the backyard and wash it there i have a 6' fence damn water police cant they see our cars need to be clean!!!..............

Hey Ted, you can wash the car at my house if you want. :thumbsup:

Appreciate that...aren't you subject to the same restrictions in your area?

BTW, I got some of that "grape gloss' (from Flash) and it seems to work pretty good over pollen dust. Also, I ordered some Dri Wash n Gard which is also highly recomended which they say can be used over minor to moderate dirt...we'll see!:shrug01:

Back