The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories Sales | Wanteds | Sources | Advice For Buying or Selling

Unread 06-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road
Default 95 Corvette/White /Tan Interior FS

White with tan interior and automatic transmission. 225k miles. I am the second owner and have owned it since 220k miles. The original owner drove it daily for years until running it hot and blowing the head gasket. It was purchased with a blown head gasket at 220k miles.

Engine/Transmission

The engine was rebuilt with stock pistons, rods, crank, new rings, rod, main, and cam bearings. New timing chain, pushrods, water pump drive, water pump, plug wires, and optispark. Replaced all water and heater hoses (bypassed the throttlebody). Transmission filter and fluid change performed at the time of the engine rebuild.

Runs/drives great. Transmission weeps a little oil through the speed sensor. It appears that the torque converter is not locking up. Driving it, I cannot tell a difference other than the mileage is less than what other people say they are getting. I average 22-23 MPG on the interstate and high teens in town. It has the 3.07 gear performance axle.

Brakes/chassis

Less than 1000 miles on cross-drilled GM Performance rotors and pads. KYB gas shocks with the same mileage.

Exterior

New front side windows (originals were scratched beyond repair) with light mirror tint. Mirrors were painted to repair the 220k miles of bug and road damage. All passenger compartment weatherstripping has been recently replaced.

Paint looks well from a few feet back as the white does not show imperfections very easy. The front bumper paint is cracked and could use repainting. The clear at the leading edge of the hood is beginning to come off, but the remainder of the paint is in ‘good’ shape for the year and mileage.

The black wheels in the photos do not come with the car. The car will be sold with a set of original style (but from a 92) sawblades in fair to poor condition. The tires will be a matching set of BFG’s (2 new and 2 with less than 1000 miles). An option here is I’ll give you the tires off the black GS wheels and you can buy a set of replacement wheels.

The mufflers have been removed, so it sounds like a Corvette should without being overly loud (the center resonator and catalytic convertors are still in place).

Interior

Fat Mat installed on floors under seats and rear compartment. New ‘truvette’ carpet. Refinished console plate and dash plate by American Hydrocarbon in wood finish. Car originally had manual seats, but I converted to dual power seats. Both seats work well. The driver seat shows most wear. Headliner is sagging as well. It has manual air conditioning that heats and cools well. The factory stereo works, but I had planned on replacing it.

General

All electrical accessories work well and there are no service engine codes set. The car runs cool and drives smoothly. Its actually quieter/smoother than my 96 that has half the miles.

I'm ready to sell as I just keep spending money and time on this thing making it nicer. I'm asking $7500 or reasonable offer. I can negotiate a few things and drop the price a bit or make you a package deal on some parts I have not installed.

These parts include: used magnaflow mufflers, new exotic muscle long tube headers.
'70 LeMans Sport
gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
gsdave
engineer

Name :
gsdave is on a distinguished road

Ready to move it, make an offer!

gsdave is offline   Reply With Quote