The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 03-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough
Default If money wasn't an objection....

With the Eckler's reunion around the corner, I got to thinking how cool it would be if money wasn't an objection, what would you buy to add to your already perfect vette???? HMMMM.
Well with some tongue in cheek commentary, I would get a kick ass supercharger, custom paint and "bling" the engine compartment, blueprint the engine to handle the supercharger, attend a racing school, "bling" the interior with leather leather and more leather accents, top of the line stereo and speakers, lambo doors that hissed some kind of dry ice look when you open the doors, killer exhaust notes when rumbling down the street, a get out of jail card, some fuzzy cool dice for the rear view mirror (ha) and a permasmile on my face while I think of other fun stuff to do.
Also I need a wagon to fit a Llama, goat, sheep, and a dog when SteveK and Ray come to visit and chase down some cool ones.
OK, It's your turn to dream and be creative. GO FOR IT. Mark
Happy DREAMIN'
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think one of these days I might get a custom paint job. But not too soon, I guess. The car came with it's fair share of flaws (rock chips and water evaporation etching), but that gives me the excuse to not be real too overly anal about driving it as much as I want to. I'm afraid that once the C5Z is repainted, I may become a real pain in the ass about such things..... But the idea of a custom, one of a kind, paint job does appeal to me.

I'm pretty satisfied with the performance work done, but with over 70K miles on the motor, I know it won't last forever, even though the boost is pretty much on the mild side. Certainly the clutch will probably go before anything else on the horizon, I guess.

But if the motor itself gives out, I would go with a forged lower end. Maybe the "works" on the motor as long as I don't kill the gas mileage to where it's no fun driving the car any longer because that rather small gas tank will have me stopping in to refill the tank too many times for any substantial trip. Which is why I went with turbos. The car is pretty much stock until I call upon help from the gas pedal. And when the beast gets wakened by the right foot pressure, well, it leaves no doubt about it that something EXTRA is there!
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #3
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Except for the Fuzzy Dice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte.smiles
Also I need a wagon to fit a Llama, goat, sheep, and a dog when SteveK and Ray come to visit and chase down some cool ones.
Happy DREAMIN'

I like your dream. I think i'd go body kit, rims, And since i'm dreamin'...i'd add a blower, cai, possibly a cam, totally rebuild the bottom end (if needed), replace the gears in the rear end and drop the tranny putting in an A6. I know, I reached beyond Ecklers, but then again...it's my Dream!
Then I woke up..

~Ray
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
THOR

Name :

Nice Stuff guys. Keep it comin'. Mark
Unread 03-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
Classy
Car Arts Auto Detailing

Name :
Classy has disabled reputation
Default You finally it a topic i can relate too.

Endless money for my baby, Let's see where I would start,I would like a custom paint job that would have some ghost flames on the sides and the hood.Custom interior,Ostrich leather seats,more padding on the arm rest,Custon painted head liner and carpets,maybe a nice desert scene with horses in the background.Chop the top about 2 inches and built in dvd players in the back,a better sound system,voice actived controls,built in phone,A gps alarm system which will find my baby if she is stolen.The engine would be chromed out and rest of the parts paint to match the interior.A body kit to make it look lower,Wider tires in the rears.A better excaust system.The dash lights would be blue and more chrome inside.Well that would be just the the first day.
Classy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

Lets see at my age i'd go for a good lookin' hooker.
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mte.smiles
Happy DREAMIN'
Hey, first of all the goat needs to pull the wagon.

I don't think that I would keep the car that I have if money was no object.
I would have a C3, probably a 67 or 68 coupe. It would have a 454 big block with every possible add-on you can think of. The blower sitting up on the 2 - 780 dual feed hollies on top of the high-rise manifold. A very radicle cam, hooker headers with chrome side pipes. The interior would be the best leather I could find. Every detail taken into consideration. A killer stereo system to crank out the B.T.O., Grand Funk Railroad and Boston hits.
The rear tires would come as close together as possible. When you looked at the rear of the car you would wonder how it could be done. A custom paint job like I would see each year at the Clutch Artist Show in Buffalo.
I'd keep going but my alarm is going off and I have to feed the Llama and the Dog.

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #8
THOR

Name :

Ok I'm lovin' this thread. Keep it going and the creative juices flowin' and the pets at home!!!! Mark
Unread 03-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

I would need to say if money was no objection a 65 to 67 Coupe 427/ 425 hp would be in order .Riding on a early model suspension.With some real fat meats on the rear and macdaddy interior thumbsup
Unread 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
06c6corvette

Name :
06c6corvette has disabled reputation
Thumbs up dreamin

How about a stable of one of every year vette thats my dream than to customize each one yeah
06c6corvette is offline   Reply With Quote