The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 07-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road
Default Corvettes at the Pier

Anyone going to the corvettes at the Pier this year on Sept 3? It is over labor day weekend so I know alot of people already have plans, but we went last year and it is a small but good show.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Riceman

Name : Velocity Yellow ZO6
Riceman has disabled reputation

I'm usually in my motorhome camping somewhere, but if not I would like to go.
Good seeing you at Dupont.
Riceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road
Angry

Soon as they figure out what "Custom" class really means. Otherwise, they have seen the last of me!
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

The judging has a lot to be desired but it is a nice show...I may make it back there this year just for the ride and park...are flyers out yet?
Unread 07-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
mickeystoysz16
I have stripes

Name :
mickeystoysz16 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
I'm usually in my motorhome camping somewhere, but if not I would like to go.
Good seeing you at Dupont.
Good to see you too. I am glad we actually made it there. That was my first but not last visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by als2052 View Post
The judging has a lot to be desired but it is a nice show...I may make it back there this year just for the ride and park...are flyers out yet?
We went last year as a spectator but decided I wanted to drive my vette more so decided to go as a participant just for fun. I think I posted a link to the flyer in the events calendar. If not I can PM it to you.
2004 Z06 Corvette Z16 Commemorative Edition #770
2004 Silverado LS 5.3L SWB
1969 Camaro SS RS 396/350HP TH400

Members I have met:
LEJ_ZO6, JCB_NJB, als2052, Phil @ Tampa Tuning, Riceman, C5CHICK, Kap142
mickeystoysz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #6
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres712 View Post
Soon as they figure out what "Custom" class really means. Otherwise, they have seen the last of me!
Wah. I assume you have the answer to a PERFECT show? I believe they sell out of space anyway since the parking is limited. The years I have driven over to St Pete to see the cars on display it was full. Its a good show. If I were the show host I would tell you to try not to let the door hit you on the arse on the way out! I get so tired of hearing Vette people complain about judging. They have X amount of trophys and three or four times as many cars in attendance. If you want a trophy attend one of the local shows that make a category for EVERYONE and then EVERYONE gets a trophy no matter what you entered. JMHO

Last edited by Z06 Rocket; 07-19-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #7
Pres712
Pres712

Name : Jim Hildebrand
Pres712 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Wah. I assume you have the answer to a PERFECT show? I believe they sell out of space anyway since the parking is limited. The years I have driven over to St Pete to see the cars on display it was full. Its a good show. If I were the show host I would tell you to try not to let the door hit you on the arse on the way out! I get so tired of hearing Vette people complain about judging. They have X amount of trophys and three or four times as many cars in attendance. If you want a trophy attend one of the local shows that make a category for EVERYONE and then EVERYONE gets a trophy no matter what you entered. JMHO
Sorry Jack, I've been a member of NCCC and clubs since 1967. I've judged at Bloomington Gold, McDorman's and currently head judge at the BACC/Dimmitt show. When a host states they have a "Custom" class and that "anything not 100% stock" will be put in that class, and a full chrome, non-stock interior, custom wheels, and non-stock engine gets put in the stock class; I have a complaint. I took my complaint to the guy in charge and he completely ignored me. Every judge there agreed with me but the head man did not. So, I have the option, like a bad meal, don't return. I won't!
Pres712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

i will be there this year but dont know if i will be in the z or my boat. depends on the weather.
Unread 07-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #9
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

If I can get the top half of my car wrapped by then, I might just bring the ole 96...other wise I'll just show up, hang out with the crew from AutoXTC for a bit, and split. It's still HOT that time of year.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
C5CHICK

Name : Dawn
C5CHICK is on a distinguished road
Default to many ridged shows.

Ive been going to shows since 1999 and trust me some shows are ridged to give out trophies to the "locals" Last show I was at people were rubbing on my paint to see if it was a wrap which really pee'ed me off I have a few thousands of dollars into my paint job and to see even grown men rubbing on it is crazy I would never touch anyones cars out of respect for the owner. PLUS the woman who came and judged my car fell into my engine bay caught herself on my PROCHARGER(wtf?) to push herself back up i was freaking out.....

Big shows sometimes are better then small shows SOMETIMES. For years up home the same cars would win super chevy no matter what showed up those same cars would win. I have gone to a ton of shows that I won nothing but the whole show people and even full familys would be possin by my car for pictures and i did not see that with any other car at the show But I would go home with nothing. Its ok I got more from the "real people" not the judges digging my ride. I go for the kids. I built my car to look like a hotwheels from hell. And the kids do love it. So I will still go to shows just not as many last show put a bad taste in my mouth....
C5CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote