• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Scheduled Clear Bra Install

LEJ ZO6

LEJ ZO6
I scheduled to have a clear bra put on the ZO6 Monday. Ryan, from Auto Paint Guard is going to do it.

I plan on having the nose, the mirrors and the rockers covered.

Any advice?

Make sure is a breather ,and only used it for road trips and take it off when not down the road .

I scheduled to have a clear bra put on the ZO6 Monday. Ryan, from Auto Paint Guard is going to do it.

I plan on having the nose, the mirrors and the rockers covered.

Any advice?

Yes, don't do it! I have seen many clear bra's on corvettes. It looks like someone put a straight line scratch on the car. Go out and get a Colgan Bra and Mirror Covers. Put them on when you need them. Take them off the rest of the time. The clear bra is really noticeable. Just my opinion.

I have detailed many cars with clear bra's on them,they all do what there suppose to do,but make sure that the area that the bra is going on is cleaned and degreased.Make sure there is NO polish or wax on the area's.The polish and wax will become foggy though out time,you can protect the clear bra with wax after it is applied,it wont last as long,but the area is small enough to apply it more then you would if the bra was not on.Also if there are swirl marks or lite scratches on the area that the bra is being put on,get rid of them first,they will show under the bra.Hope this helped:thumbsup:

Ryan is who installed mine and I'm Very Satisfied. I was advised to clay bar the areas where the bra was to be applied.
The leather bras can scratch and wear your finish. If they get wet ,they have to come until dry and most don't fit properly and. I had a Calgon Custom Bra prior to purchasing my clear vinyl one and would not go back to it :thumbsup:

clear bra

Backyard is correct! Ryan did my ron fellows over a year ago. It looks great. I dont think I would go back to any other type

:thumbsup:Ryan did mine almost 1.5 years ago and its the best investment in the car so far. I did half the hood, lower bumper, headlights, mirrors, rocker panels and ihad him cut a little piece for the door recess also.
Ryan is an excellent installer and your clear bra will be almost invisible. :thumbsup:

Ryan was at the door promptly at 8:30 AM. We put the ZO6 up on his plastic ramps that are 4 or 5 inches high so that he could get better access to the lower areas of the bumper and rockers.

The whole install took him about 2 hours. I had him put the "Clearshield" on the front bumper (not the hood), rockers, mirrors and parking lights (not headlights). I read on one of the forums that some dealerships were reluctant
to honor headlight warranty if the headlights have clear over them. I don't know if this is the case with our local dealers or not but I didn't think I wanted to take the chance.

Lady N asked for pictures but the clear bra really doesn't show. You can walk right up to the car and not see it if you don't know to look for it. xcutter warned about straight lines being visible. I had Ryan cover just the front bumper and not the hood. The clear material follows the body line between the bumper, the fenders and the hood so there is no straight line anywhere for the eye to pick up. There is a slightly visible line around the material he put on the back of the mirrors but it isn't very noticeable and is sure a lot better than having the finish get eaten up by love bug guts.

Ryan said that Clearshield should hold up for a long time. It is warranteed for 5 years so maybe I can have it replaced under warranty if it starts to look bad after 3 or 4 years (or just pay and have it replaced later).

A great start. I would strongly suggest doing half the hood. WHEN you get your first rock chip, you may regret not doing the hood. Also the love bugs come off easier too with the Clear Bra. I would also do the headlights. I can't imagine that it would invalidate the warranty. Just my .02 worth. :thumbsup:

Sound like they did a good job and you are happy with it, and I tell you is you happy thats all it counts. Enjoy iit. :dancer01::wavey::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If I were to find any negative at all it would be that I got the heavy (8 mil I think) material. It is probably not as clear as the thinner stuff but should be a lot more durable. If you get the car out in the bright sunlight you see something similar to orange peal in the film because it is so thick.

I think i can live with that a lot easier than nicks in the paint from rocks and splotches from love bug acid.

What did it do?

The bra came loose with no warning on the way to a show. Then it hit the hood. This resulted in paint chips all the way through. Of course this caused me to have to pull over on the highway :(.

Contacted Colgan and they said they did not warranty as I purchased it from Mid America.

Back