• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Another boring car show

Sounds Great!

:wavey: We had hoped that we'd be able to grab lunch (atleast as a family) during the show, but didn't want to take the chance on missing the judges.

Also, I thought they weren't supposed to look in the trunk or engine compartment on the "street driven class".?

Hummmmmmm

ynkedad said:
"junkedad" :toetap05:

Maybe he saw something I didn't. Ok what were you doing in line waiting for your fried hush puppies Friday night?

Ken:crazy03:

Ray, just a thought

Was it the exhaust (sounds great) or were they trying to differientate from someone (?) in the area passing gas?. Just wondering, just wondering (and don't blame it on the kids).

Ken:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SteveK said:
You've got my vote! :thumbsup:
If not a bikini contest, I'll settle for a Wet T-Shirt contest... :lmao: :lmao: :reddevil:

Hmm, I don't know Steve, do you think you would have a chance at winning in either contest? :lmao: Now THAT is a visual for you...... :lmao:

Rich Z said:
Hmm, I don't know Steve, do you think you would have a chance at winning in either contest? :lmao: Now THAT is a visual for you...... :lmao:

CONTEST CANCELLED!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ynkedad said:
We had a great time at the Ecklers show :dancer01:,
and had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of the fine people who make up this forum. Those of you we didn't meet or see, we tried to find ya's, and sometimes we only found your car.:banghead:
Congrats to go out to those of ya's that won awards, Kap and Larry:bravo:, we were in the crowd cheering ya's on:dancer01: .
We even had the pleasure of meeting several Ladies from the Marion County Corvette Club, Judy and Clare, who we spoke with and then introduced us to several of their members. They actually inspired us to want to check out their club. We also informed them of this site, of which they had no idea existed. Giving them a flyer that they're going to Xerox and hand out at their next meeting:thumbsup:

Although I didn't care much for the hoods down, tops up thing either, I guess I understand why it was done. But as soon as I had the opportunity to drop the top and pop the hood, I did.
Yea we registered to "show" our Vette's and to be judged, but for us it's not always about that or what "we" get to see in/on other Vette's. There's plenty of shows coming up, where we'll have the opportunity to see other vette's and their mods, because we're Vette owners.
For us, it's about meeting up with friends and sharing our cars with those who aren't Vette owners, those who'll only dream of owning a Vette and those who don't get to go to the Vette shows like we do. Watching the little kids faces (some of which belong to grown men) as they're in absolute Awe by the site of OUR Vette's, is a pretty cool thing. We also enjoy meeting others who own Vette's as well as those who don't.
I personally had several people aproach me asking if I'd start my car up and allow them to hear my Exhaust system. OHHHH YEA:dancer01: !

:thumbsup: A convertible Vette owner actually allowed a couple of people (one was a child) to sit in their car for a photo op:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ! Those are the sort of people I want to know.:thumbsup:

To all of you that we met, It was a real pleasure.:thumbsup:
To those of you that allowed us to hang out with you and let our hair down a bit (Kap, Carrie (SP?), Mary, Rob, 98Softail and his wife)...THANKS, it was FUN!!!
Kap, I'll bring the beer next time!:thumbsup:
Rob, no more mini golf for you!:lmao:
Sorry...to SteveK and his wife...It was good to see ya's again.

~Ray
Jealosy will get you nowhere.:lmao: I think it was 2 Hole in One's:nanana:

I've been so busy I haven't even STARTED the vette (still in storage) since January!:(

I don't have anything worthy of showing. I go simply for the comaraderie. To see different places and cars and meet people I only talk to on here (or other sites) and see old friends.

I could care a crap less about judging or the judges:rolleyes:

I have my car because it pleases ME, and thats the only person I have to please!

Oh sh!t! the numbers don't match! :eek: There's a scratch on the window:eek: !

And God forbid there should be the wrong type of carpet on the floor:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

I know people put a lot of time, effort and $$$$ into restoring these cars and thats cool:thumbsup: FOr them, judging is everything as it should be.

For me, with some excetptions, the only time I pay a registration fee is if the $$ goes to a good cause (St. Judes, Wounded Warrior, support for a brother officer or emergency worker, or to support a child in need.)

Other than that, most of the time you'll find my rig in the parking lot:rofl1:

A fine thread exemplifying differences in opinions. In so many posts you have those that state:
a) the show is boring and not for them.
b) Old Town was a better venue for the show than the "parking lot"
c) All the while others have posted here and elsewhere they would not attend b/c the show was too close to "Mouse Land" and they made a mistake moving it.
d) Those that like and participate in judged events.
e) Those that don't care for the judging or judges.
f) Those that go to have fun.
g) Those that go expecting something other than what it is.
h) Those that go and participate and meet and greet.
i) Those that understand having windows up and closed hoods.
j) Those that don't understand why to leave the windows up, hoods closed, etc.
k) Those that arrived early and on time.
Outside of this thread there were even:
l) Those that arrived at 1030am and expect to be allowed into the judged show
m) Those that arrived at 11am and expect to be allowed into the judged show
n) Those that arrived at 1130am and thought it is unjust they couldn't participate in the judged show.

The simple fact is it is hard to please EVERYONE. There's those that liked the Reunion at Old town and not at the parking lot. Meanwhile there are quite a few that were not happy with the move and didn't attend. Those that like the judged show and those that don't.

To the delight of some and the dismay of others...The days of the Eckler's Reunion as we know it are numbered. The judged show will probably be the first thing to go away. Then it will be a big fun gathering for everyone....of course that is if the organizers of the Reunions don't just can it altogether. Will there ever be a 30th Reunion? Might be the last one if it even makes it that far....

Nice Post

Nice post vette8t7.........the Corvette heritage is steeped in many traditions and shows like Ecklers is certainly one of them.
The reason Ecklers moved the event to Old Town was because the property next door which they were using for parking was under agreement for sale and there was a chance that they wouldn't be able to use it. It was a wise choice to use Oldtown for the venue. I for one enjoyed spending the day in Kissimmee. I hope they'll do it again for the next gathering.

Corvette Concepts said:
Nice post vette8t7.........the Corvette heritage is steeped in many traditions and shows like Ecklers is certainly one of them.
The reason Ecklers moved the event to Old Town was because the property next door which they were using for parking was under agreement for sale and there was a chance that they wouldn't be able to use it. It was a wise choice to use Oldtown for the venue. I for one enjoyed spending the day in Kissimmee. I hope they'll do it again for the next gathering.
There was talk of an interested buyer and there was a "chance" the lot would not be able to be utilized. However...the use of the lot for the TCC show held at Eckler's 30 days earlier was never presented to us as being an issue. It may have been they initially planned on trying the SpringFest to another venue...then after taking a poll at the October Reunion about having one show in the Spring...the outcome was a combination of the two at Old Town.
Classic Chevy already had workings with Old Town in place from previous Winter National shows. So whether it was due to "lot questions" or "change of atmosphere" the transition wouldn't be as hard a starting from scratch. I have noticed varying opinions on the whole issue from their management and it isn't apparent it moved. In reality if the lot was in question...the Reunion could have stayed in October-6 months from now and it would have been a little more obvious whether or not the lot would have been available.

Back