• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Brake issues, back here again

Yes Ray....

Starting to get darn close to a rant. If a saving grace exists it that good quality rotors are locally available. It is a bit frustrating having brought my vette back from it's former home in Alabama at the end of December and only putting maybe 300 miles total on her in 2 1/2 months.

Oh well :shrug01:

Ken

Kap142 said:
Starting to get darn close to a rant. If a saving grace exists it that good quality rotors are locally available. It is a bit frustrating having brought my vette back from it's former home in Alabama at the end of December and only putting maybe 300 miles total on her in 2 1/2 months.

Oh well :shrug01:

Ken
Ken, no wonder you've got problems! 300 miles in 2 1/2 months????? The old girl is PISSED at you and letting you know it. Just put top shelf parts on her and promise to drive her a bit more, and I'm sure that she will forgive you:) . Look at it this way........if you drive her more, you'll BOTH be happier.......right??? Anyway, keep us posted on the brake issues, and I hope that they're resolved:yesnod: before she gets REALLY mad.
Andy

Gonna try

Thanks Andy.

Hopefully this evening will resolve issues and we can both be happier. It's so nice out I've gotta get the tops off and go smell the roses.

Ken:thumbsup:

Ken, I bought my car last June. It's a snow bird......I'm not! I've already got 3000 miles on it, and the roses (and everything else for that matter) most DEFINITELY smell better from a Vette. Even low tide smells better, but that ain't saying much! I'm just dreading the day when mine will be out of commission while repairs are made. SO.....after all the brake problems are resolved, kiss your fingers, pat her on the dashboard, and take her for a fillup of "the GOOD stuff"! Usually works for me. Gitter back on the road soon guy!
Andy

I'll know later if.....

I'm done ranting or if I am going to Ray's Ranting Room for an extended stay.

Just finished rebuilding the emergency brake system. Now all new. Replaced two overly worn rear rotors with new Warner ones. put the calipers back on and bleed the system. :ack2: My gawd it's time for a beer then a test drive. Gonna cross my wittle sore fingers on this one.

Ken:nonod: :nonod:

Kap142 said:
Problem still exists. damn

What is it doing Ken to indicate there is still a problem ?

I'll be in and out this morning as today is delivery day for the new hot rod. Call me.

Ken in looking at the picture of the booster and master cylinder did the clevis pin that you screwed on the shaft (that attaches to the brake pedal) have an adjustment or did it just screw on until it bottomed out on the rod? The two lines from the master cylinder to the switch I would assume they were preformed and different lengths so am I correct in assuming that there could be no way that they could be reversed and installed incorrectly ?

Let me know whats going on and perhaps we can hook up this weekend and try to resolve this.

Jeff

Size does matter!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, awesome, just farkin great and other superlatives.:crazy03: :crazy03:

Brakes are fixed. damn I'm good, I am soooooo goood. Gonna go drink two Red Stripes and have a shot of Captain Morgan too.

Had talked to a mechanic who restores vettes yesterday afternoon to share my dilemma. He suggested I might (should I still have back pressure) pull the PB booster rod and shorten it a 16th of an inch (he suggested I circumcise (SP) my Vette!) so last night (I know guys this is Corvettes Anonymous couch stuff) in my boxer shorts, ya know the one's with Scoobie Doo on them, I pull the master cyl and remove the rod and off to the shop I go. With surgical precision I remove 16th of an inch and do the reinstall while humming a Buffet tune.

Today I, with great trepidation, go for a test drive. Covered 24 miles in all conditions, to include one 120 MPH burst and wal lah, no drag. Damn.

I always knew their was a reason for circumcisum now I truly understand.

Ken :lmao: :lmao: :D :lmao: :D :rofl1: :rofl1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve

Jeeze....what a farkin shin dig. make those 120 MPH bursts feel like the best sex...... naw BS but damn they do feel awesome. Although you guys with C5's and C6's just be crusin at that speed.

Eckler's we "B" on our way"

Mary see ya at Perkins at 1000-1030 on our way in

Thanks,

Ken:dancer01: :dancer01:

good job Ken. Great feeling isn't it, when you have a difficult task and you finally fix it. WTG

S-A.....W-E-E-E-E-E-T !!!
Time to Party...:champagne: :party:
Glad it's over.....I can hear the fat lady :ahh: singing.......whatta great sound.
Andy

navy2kcoupe said:
S-A.....W-E-E-E-E-E-T !!!
Time to Party...:champagne: :party:
Glad it's over.....I can hear the fat lady :ahh: singing.......whatta great sound.
Andy

Not into fat ladies but damn she does have a beautiful voice

Thanks Andy

Kap142 said:
Had talked to a mechanic who restores vettes yesterday afternoon to share my dilemma. He suggested I might (should I still have back pressure) pull the PB booster rod and shorten it a 16th of an inch (he suggested I circumcise (SP) my Vette!) so last night (I know guys this is Corvettes Anonymous couch stuff) in my boxer shorts, ya know the one's with Scoobie Doo on them, I pull the master cyl and remove the rod and off to the shop I go. With surgical precision I remove 16th of an inch and do the reinstall while humming a Buffet tune.

Today I, with great trepidation, go for a test drive. Covered 24 miles in all conditions, to include one 120 MPH burst and wal lah, no drag. Damn.

I always knew their was a reason for circumcisum now I truly understand.

Ken :lmao: :lmao: :D :lmao: :D :rofl1: :rofl1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think I would find out what that mech's favorite "liquid refreshment" is and perchance make him a present of a case of it. Can't hurt, and it's good public relations:yesnod: !
Andy

Ya know brother.....

Thats a durn good idea. Think I'll go say thanks tomorrow. Very Cool bro. thanks

Ken:thumbsup:

Back