• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Clutch Pedal Going limp

Thanks for all the replies...I have had problems with my computer and could not get back on to post....So are we in aggrement that changing the Clutch fluid is a good place to start?...the other posts were referencing Brake fluid not Clutch fluid..

Thanks

Eddie

Just so you know, you use brake fluid in the clutch reservoir... Sorry, that probably wasn't evident in the discussion.

Rich,
Thanks I figured that after I kept reading...lol..I am real new to this

When I had my car modified they drained my breake fluid and did some duck work along with refillling it with Castrol SRF dot 5....would that be suitable to use in place of the Ferodo dot 5.1 they are both synthetic and since I have it in my brakes then I could keep enough around for both needs? Your thoughts

Eddie

Rich,

When I had my car modified they drained my breake fluid and did some duck work along with refillling it with Castrol SRF dot 5....would that be suitable to use in place of the Ferodo dot 5.1 they are both synthetic and since I have it in my brakes then I could keep enough around for both needs? Your thoughts

Eddie

i know you asked rich... but heres my .02.... yes that would be suitable...has it happened with that fluid in it?? if so has the fluid started to discolor? how long has it been in the car ?

since my car has less than 5k miles I doubt I need to change the fluid yet...I really think it is a computer issue or something like that..

Check the fluid. I have a C6/Z clutch in my C5 daily driver and have to change it every 10 days or so because of the miles I drive. 130k had it since new.

Rich,

Eddie

I think if you look @ the specs/manual: DOT 5 is NOT recomended for the clutch master/slave system. I just read this on corvetteforum and will try to find you a link.

I have been using the Castrol synthetic DOT 4 (3+) I think they call it. It is Syntec.

I change mine after I give the clutch some abuse, track days, 'spirited' street driving, etc. Cheap insurance and the Ranger method works wonders!

ABS

HELLO FRIEND HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY C5 PRENDE SE ME A MESSAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER every time you turn the car that ME DESIGN REVIEW AND ANTI LOK ABS SYSTEM THAT CAN BECOME TO ERASE

HELLO FRIEND HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY C5 PRENDE SE ME A MESSAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER every time you turn the car that ME DESIGN REVIEW AND ANTI LOK ABS SYSTEM THAT CAN BECOME TO ERASE
Can we have this in some kind of English??:shrug01::shrug01:
I can only speak English and American HillBilly!:D

Yeah, I read this earlier and thought the fumes from the epoxy in the garage had caused me some brain damage...... I was going to wait to see if it was only temporary.

Back