• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Corvette -Mexican food!!!!

98 softtail said:
Mark,
From the weather guys it looks like we might be cruzin with our tops on, and I just gave the cars a bath today for Saturday. #%*# !

Joe B.

#@!&(*#%# well hell!!! If thats the case I'll be in the rhino wagon or the Volvo:( Still no top for the 87!

Ok everybody, Pray for beautiful skies, low humidity, no rain, great company, beautiful awesome vettes, great mexican food, and if it rains, then we'll have a smokin' tires contest in the restaurant parking lot and Joe B. said he is buying the first and second round of drinks. Right Joe.:lmao:
I'll see you all at noon rain or shine and we'll play it from there. Mark

sglfladad said:
tentative (most likely) 2 people-1 vette. I'll try to get a commitment today and let you know.

Well at shadows' request...no commitment :)

at this point it could be 1 vette, 1 or 2 people.. 2 vettes, 3 or 4 people, or none of the above.

But got the "black beauty"...help with a better name please.. all shined and gassed up..hoping to at a minimum bring myself and the car!

Sorry.. Hope we're still welcome if any any of us come down.... sheesh :banghead:

You're welcome either way. If I had a definite count, then I would have a better chance at getting a bigger table or tables so we can all hang together at lunch. Either way, you're welcome and I hope you and yours can make it. If it's like today, the weather should cooperate and we should have an enjoyable ride. Mark

Please update lunch info

Can you please update all of us on the meeting place,time and how many are coming tommorrow.Do we have a team leader for tommorrow?A drive plan for sunshine and a plan for rain?If all goes well,We will meet all of you.Need address of the rest. so I can look it up on mapquest.Thanks for any info.:thumbsup: And anyone who is coming,Bring your camara's:pics: No excuses.:lmao:

Classy
I tried to locate the address, but what I come up with isn't where it's located. I believe you will be coming up I-75. I believe you will want exit
224. Not sure of the exit number though, but it's the Rt 301, Ellenton, Palmetto exit. It's the first exit north of the Manatee River. When exiting keep to the right and head west on Rt 301. You will pass 2 stop lights, the restaurant is about 1/2 mile past the second light, on the right, just past the RR tracks.
If you come to a light (third from I-75) with a DeSears on your left and a Goodwill on the right, the restaurant is about 100 yards behind ya.
I believe Mark is the head Honcho so he can answer the other questions and maybe better directions. Rain, there won't be no stink'in rain.

72ragtop said:
Looks like a good day planned but will have to miss. Surgery beckons me tomorrow am.:banghead: Ran into Joe and Deb the other night gettting some wing and found out they live about a mile or two away. Hope to see their new addition sometime soon u two.
was great talking with them.
Hope to catch u all at next lunch run.
Ken

Hey Ken, I hope all went well with your surgery. Looking forward to meeting you in the near future. Send me a pm and we'll do lunch sometime. Mark

Classy said:
Can you please update all of us on the meeting place,time and how many are coming tommorrow.Do we have a team leader for tommorrow?A drive plan for sunshine and a plan for rain?If all goes well,We will meet all of you.Need address of the rest. so I can look it up on mapquest.Thanks for any info.:thumbsup: And anyone who is coming,Bring your camara's:pics: No excuses.:lmao:

Hi Classy. Page 2 or 3 has a long thread I sent telling about the day. The restaurant moved to this location recently and you probably won't want to use mapquest. Just take the Ellenton Exit from I-75 like Rick said and head east for several miles (about 5-6 miles I think) and if you get to Hwy 41 you've gone too far. The rerstuarant is about 3-4 blocks east of Hwy 41 and it will be on the North side of US 301. I'll send you a pm with my cell number in case you get lost.
I guess I am the official leader since I started the post. The day is loosely structured and I'm game for anything which obviously the weather could be a factor. Given that the rain is sporadic, I think we'll be able to enjoy the RIDE no matter what.
I'll see you and Rob around noon tomorrow. I'm glad you could join us.We have about 7-9 vettes total including you folks.

sglfladad said:
Well at shadows' request...no commitment :)

at this point it could be 1 vette, 1 or 2 people.. 2 vettes, 3 or 4 people, or none of the above.

Final!

1 vette 1 person. :( See you there! :)

A Big Fat Thank You To Mark For Today

Thank you so much Mark for setting this up,It was wonderful turn out,10 Vette's and AWESOME people,Great food and a wonderful cruise:vette: ,You are a great tour guide.:thumbsup: :lmao: We are working on the show,will be up tommorrow.Thanks for all you that showed up.Was great to meet everyone.Let's all do this again soon.
Classy.

I'm with Classy:thumbsup:

Excellent turnout, great food, even better weather (thanks God!) and a great run:thumbsup:

Learned a few things about the area I didn't know, met people I only read about here, and was very happy to be associated with such fine folks:thumbsup:

Even the wife commented (several times) how much she enjoyed the food, the ride and most of all, the people. She hardly ever comments;)

Can't wait to do something like this again. I/we should be at the Venice show.

Mike, thanks again for setting this up and showing us a great time. And thanks to everyone who came from all over to make this a memorable event...

Gordon

Classy said:
Thank you so much Mark for setting this up,It was wonderful turn out,10 Vette's and AWESOME people,Great food and a wonderful cruise:vette: ,You are a great tour guide.:thumbsup: :lmao: We are working on the show,will be up tommorrow.Thanks for all you that showed up.Was great to meet everyone.Let's all do this again soon.
Classy.
Seconded! :thumbsup:

A Hot Day in Paradise

Yes it turned out nice today. As we were driving along I heard several people of all ages :wavey: comment on our little Caravan, it was generally something like "Wow, look at all the Corvettes"!!! My daughter was impressed with the homes along Riverside Dr! I asked her to take some pics as we were crusing along but she was so busy watching the cars as we weaved along the streets that most of the pics were a huge blur.
Sorry we had to leave the ride early but it turned out great,HOT, but a nice time.
Mark...you truly are the "Tourista Caravan Capitan" :thumbsup:

Joe B.

THanks everyone for making today special. We had it all- great food, awesome conversation, NO RAIN, nice easy RIDE, and very nice people to meet and get to know.
I'm looking forward to doing it again.
I can't wait to see the pics or video. Classy always does a great job with the music and pics.
Thanks again everyone. I hope all of you will have a wonderful July 4th. Mark

Shadow said:
I'm with Classy:thumbsup:

Excellent turnout, great food, even better weather and a great run:thumbsup:

Gordon

Ditto! Nice meeting everyone. Couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome, nice location and better people to go on my first run with.

Look forward to the "show".

Here is one picture I took and a Link to my photobucket album. Feel free to use any of these photos in the show :)

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb216/chaZO6/Corvette -Mexican food -June 30 2007/

06-30-2007023.jpg

Back