• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Cypress Garden Vette Show

Backyard Mechanic said:
Ok we are going,sent out the pre-reg. a week or so ago but have not recieved any e-mail yet.:shrug01: We are planning on staying over there Sat. night.We will be there for the party.:dancer01:

Need to know who's going from this end of the woods,so we can ride over there together.

Just booked our room at the Super 8 Motel.5 miles away from Cypress Gardens

Just to let others know the Best Western is FULL.I called them today.

If you are planning to stay the night start booking your rooms at other hotel NOW.

OK a couple of points (if the show is similar to the one Carrie and I attended today if not disregard all of the following:D ) On Sunday morning from the hotel you will enter the east entrance (employee entrance) maybe 1/2 mile directly down the road and be parked in an area next to the concert shell (not in the gardens per sae:NoNo: ) but it will be on grass and it is a nice setting. :thumbsup: You will be able to walk through 2 walk ways into and through all areas of the Gardens and it is is very nice. It has a water park and the cooling waters with your bathing suits (that's for you Rob but not for Mary) are required.:rofl1: :rofl1:

It can be just durn hot as little wind moves in the middle of the state. The adminstration could care less about coolers so bring your "cooling beverages" as you wish. (disclaimer JMO) :icon_cheers:

We found even bottled water is OMG expensive from the vending machines ($2.50):eek:

Hope this helps just a bit and see ya'll soon.

Ken

Kap142 said:
OK a couple of points (if the show is similar to the one Carrie and I attended today if not disregard all of the following:D ) On Sunday morning from the hotel you will enter the east entrance (employee entrance) maybe 1/2 mile directly down the road and be parked in an area next to the concert shell (not in the gardens per sae:NoNo: ) but it will be on grass and it is a nice setting. :thumbsup: You will be able to walk through 2 walk ways into and through all areas of the Gardens and it is is very nice. It has a water park and the cooling waters with your bathing suits (that's for you Rob but not for Mary) are required.:rofl1: :rofl1:

It can be just durn hot as little wind moves in the middle of the state. The adminstration could care less about coolers so bring your "cooling beverages" as you wish. (disclaimer JMO) :icon_cheers:

We found even bottled water is OMG expensive from the vending machines ($2.50):eek:

Hope this helps just a bit and see ya'll soon.

Ken

Ok I can't wait to get into my bathing suit.
View attachment 1568:lmao: :lmao: :ack2: :eek: :lmao:

Last edited:
larrybroga said:
What's an iPod ???

Larry it's a little white plastic box that is full of Jimmy Buffett tunes and the ear phones fit in your ear better then anything Motorola ever made.

Classy said:
Well if you are bringing Ray,I guess I have to bring Rob:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

At least they can keep each other entertained. :hehehe: Then again, that might not be such a good thing. :eek:

Just booked our room at the Super 8 Motel.5 miles away from Cypress Gardens

Just to let others know the Best Western is FULL.I called them today.

If you are planning to stay the night start booking your rooms at other hotel NOW.

Just wondering where everyone else is staying:shrug01:

Rooms available

I just talked to the Admiral's Inn and they have 30 rooms left!!! My contact there is Teresa. I don't know who is giving y'all this false info. Please call again and tell them TERESA said there were at least 30 rooms left (maybe less now that some know) so please give it another shot.

Competent help is hard to find? :shrug01:

More Information on Garden Party

Great News!

The Corvette Garden Party has gotten even better.....not only have we added a "Vendor Day" on November 10, but we've added breakfast at Cypress Gardens, after you've parked your car! Cypress Gardens will cater a breakfast buffet (for a nominal fee) right to our show area! No need to wait in line at the hotel or walk over to one of the restaurants! It just keeps getting better.

We've confirmed with the Admiral's Inn-Best Western, that they have approx 30-35 rooms left available for Nov. 10. If you were procrastinating, now is the time to jump in and join the fun! This is a "PRE-REGISTERED only" show, and we don't want you to miss out again this year. We're limited to 250 cars, so don't wait until it's too late.

VENDOR SHOW - Admiral's Inn-Best Western (800-247-2799), Nov. 10 from noon until evening. There will be auto vendors, and some things for the ladies as well!

CHECK-IN - After checking in at the hotel, stop by the BACC table and pick up your goody bag and shirts (if you were one of the first 100 pre-registered), and receive your wrist band for the Welcome Party.

WELCOME PARTY - Admiral's Inn-Best Western, Nov. 10 from 7:00pm - 10:00pm - complimentary beer & munchies (like last year), music and great door prizes including a free night's stay @ Admiral's Inn. You don't want to miss this!

LINE UP - Nov. 11 show line-up will begin at the Admiral's Inn this year. Club's should start getting their member cars together between 7 & 7:30. We'll send Clubs to Cypress Gardens as an individual group this year. You will need to be ready to go when called. Vehicle ID Card MUST be placed in the Driver's side window before the clubs can leave the parking lot. More details will follow on this.

BREAKFAST - Nov. 11, will be at Cypress Gardens once you've parked your cars (at a nominal fee). The Gardens will be open until 7:00pm, so you can stay until that time, if you wish, and enjoy the park all evening after the show. Cars may be left where they are.

LUNCH - Nov. 11, will be on your own - anywhere within the park! Awards will be held @ 4:00pm - just be back in time to pick up your trophy and/or doorprizes!

DOORPRIZES - More doorprizes! May be picked up anytime during the day on Sunday (until 4:00pm), so check your numbers often.

AWARDS - Promptly at 4:00pm @ the stage arena. Good luck to all, and have a great time!

Diane Kirkconnell, VP
Bay Area Corvette Club

Will this happen?

I heard from people who went to this event last year that when the vette's are brought in from the hotal to Cypress Garden's that the vette's are driven down a dusty road to enter the park.With the breeze and vette's at idle while they wait.Then all the time spent cleaning the cars they are covered in dirt when they enter the park.:ack2:Is there a different way to get in the park or will this happen again?:shrug01::shrug01:

Back