• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Daily drivers

I don't know why anyone would NOT daily drive a Corvette. It's a very comfortable car to drive, there is no reason not to.

The Sloth said:
I don't know why anyone would NOT daily drive a Corvette. It's a very comfortable car to drive, there is no reason not to.

:iagree: :iagree:

The Sloth said:

I see you have a Viper also :thumbsup:

I have a Graphite 02 R/T 10 which is my 02 C5's (Daily Driver) garage mate.

Last edited:
I use my Z06 as a daily driver. Can't afford two cars right now. If I had to choose another car to use as a DD, I would consider an Acura TL. Sat in a TL at the Miami Auto Show last year and was highly impressed.

Gotta run our van into the shop tomorrow morning, and the wife is saying to me that I really should drive the Jeep while she drives the van in town. The whole time I am agreeing with her that yes, I really should use the Jeep more, inside of me I am screaming "HELL NO! I WANT TO DRIVE THE VETTE!!!"

Sick, I tell you, just sick.......... And not the current interpretation where "sick" now means "cool" or something.... :rolleyes:

Z06 Rocket said:
Not me, I luckily have a company car, but if I had to it would be a great ride to work every day! My main problem is my right foot is considerably heavier than my left;) Would kill me in these gas prices.
Same here...:thumbsup:

Daily drive mine and love it! I just wish I didn't have an 80mi. round trip every day. Hopefully I can rebuild the engine in my other car sometime soon and split the driving up.

Dont drive it daily, kinda a garage queen. Take it to the road course about 4 or 5 times a day, and it gets out on weekends. Just aquired an SSR that has been the weekender lately. Drive a Infinity FX45 daily.

i bought a c5 with 80k on it for our second car and a fun car. Only $15,000.00 and we love it just came back from Corvettes at Carlisle. I would never want to own a museium piece i was afraid to drive. I got 29.7 mpg average from Pittsburgh to Carlisle PA and if you have ever driven that route you know its up many mountains certainly not level highway driving.

Back