• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Drag Racers

Amen brother Amen

He's right. That's why I wanted to see for myself. I would have left the stock box on there if I didn't see a difference. Not much of a test I'll admit but it was enough to satisfy my curiosity.

On the Yellow ZR1, comp Yellow no less, 1 of 37 only.
I found the car for some new kid posting herein.
All of a sudden nothing, LOL.
I'd buy it in a second flat if it were a ZR1 Challenge car, but it isn't.
Wife's 2001 base coupe is enough of the production vette thing for me.
We have Sebring up coming this march. Maybe we can get together then.:dancer01:

I hope you're sitting down. :D I've never been to Sebring although the other house is 30 minutes away. I'm leaving while you compose yourself. :lmao: Sounds like a plan and I'll check the dates when I get back.:thumbsup:

I can't make it Spice. That's the same time as NMCA at Bradenton. If something interferes with NMCA I'll give you a shout. Never know when the car may decide to take a break.

Sebring vs. Gatornationals

Unfortunately, Sebring and the Gators always butt heads and with me the straight line always wins. I should alternate each year but I keep getting drawn to Gainesville. OH WELL :shrug01:

Unfortunately, Sebring and the Gators always butt heads and with me the straight line always wins. I should alternate each year but I keep getting drawn to Gainesville. OH WELL :shrug01:

It's in our blood Larry. Not a bad thing.:thumbsup:

Straight line wins?

It's in our blood Larry. Not a bad thing.:thumbsup:

If the straight line win's, then for sure you've never been to Sebring, the front straight is about 3/4 miles long, and the rear is probably over a mile straight. Tall gears wouldn't work there. and instead of the race over in the 11 second bracket, it's a bit more like nearly 2 minutes.
Great part of it? No waiting in line.and having the pleasure of wipping up on those little Porsche cars, those Italian Marinara sause Ferrari's, and this year, kickin some Jag XK8's, and up your Asston .....Martin! Oh yeah, talk about bragging right's...............JAKE is Back in town taking no prisoner's.:crazy03::crazy03::dancer01::crazy03::lmao::lmao::rofl1:

Last edited:
If the straight line win's, then for sure you've never been to Sebring, the front straight is about 3/4 miles long, and the rear is probably over a mile straight. Tall gears wouldn't work there. and instead of the race over in the 11 second bracket, it's a bit more like nearly 2 minutes.
Great part of it? No waiting in line.and having the pleasure of wipping up on those little Porsche cars, those Itanian Marinara sause Ferrari's, and this year, kickin some XK8's, and up your Asston .....Martin! Oh yeah, talk about bragging right's...............JAKE is Back in town taking no prisoner's.:crazy03::crazy03::dancer01::crazy03::lmao::lmao::rofl1:

My sister was a volunteer a few years ago at Sebring and they got free tickets. I really had wanted to go the following year and I just don't remember why I didn't. Guess I'm saving it so I'll have something to do when I get older. :D

The old man Vette racer has just this last thing to say to the IMSA cry babies

Great part of it? No waiting in line.and having the pleasure of wipping up on those little Porsche cars, those Italian Marinara sause w/o pepperoni and cheese Ferrari's, and this year, kickin some Jag XK8's, and up your Asston ....Martin.
Oh yeah, talk about bragging right's...............JAKE is Back in town & taking no prisoners.:rofl1::yesnod::crazy03::crazy03::dancer01::crazy03::lmao:
I'm going to be passing out free boxes of tissue to those IMSA whinning cry babies at Sebring, including the Vapor, or Vipper, Zipper, Viper 1/2 european racers as well.:ack2:

Attachments

• roadamerica003.jpg
    roadamerica003.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 36
  • roadamerica008.jpg
    roadamerica008.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 33
I'm going to be passing out free boxes of tissue to those IMSA whinning cry babies at Sebring, including the Vapor, or Vipper, Zipper, Viper 1/2 european racers as well.:ack2:

Nice car. Is that a Mustang? :lmao:

Spice, this is a serious question maybe you can answer. In '69 & '70 I belonged to the NEISCCA (North East Indiana Sports Car Club of America). We ran some road race courses (Indy) and a lot of gymkhanas. I think today they call it auto cross. I won more than my share and I was always in a Mustang. I have had opportunities to auto cross now in my Vette. Here comes the question.

I always thought I could throw that Mustang around and put it almost any place I wanted to. It felt light and loose. In comparison, the steering in my Vette feels tight and while it would be great on a road course I don't think it would do well in a tight auto cross. I would like to know what you think. It may just be a mental thing with me but I don't think so.

I would like to know if we have any other drag racers on this site. I am interested in most topics but my passion is drag racing. If there are some prospective racers I will do all I can to help you get started, including helping you at a local track. This is not a business endeavor and I don't want a dime.

If anyone is interested a new track has opened in Orlando near the airport. At the bottom is a link. I have been there and they are very nice people. This is an IHRA certified member track and they begin the Summit Super Series on Sunday, Feb 7. This is an open bracket racing event and you can sign up for points or just race for cash as I do.

http://cfracingcomplex.com/

Hey Bob:
What about some of the guys running a Z06 with mods that run mid 10's, what's there stance on cages?...:shrug01:

Hey Bob:
What about some of the guys running a Z06 with mods that run mid 10's, what's there stance on cages?...:shrug01:

Once they exceed 11.50 they need a roll bar, fire jacket and I think a 5 point harness. Then they're good down to 10.0

I've read the stock Z06 can now run low 10's.

Once they exceed 11.50 they need a roll bar, fire jacket and I think a 5 point harness. Then they're good down to 10.0

I've read the stock Z06 can now run low 10's.

Ive seen stock Z06 run 10.80 on drag radials...Most guys I know with Z's won't put roll bars in there cars...:nonod:

On CF I think I've seen 10.2 but I'm not sure. That's a big problem with these cars. They're so damn fast out of the showroom. My goal would be no faster than 11.5. 90 deg and a jacket make for a very hot day plus I would never install a roll bar.

On CF I think I've seen 10.2 but I'm not sure. That's a big problem with these cars. They're so damn fast out of the showroom. My goal would be no faster than 11.5. 90 deg and a jacket make for a very hot day plus I would never install a roll bar.

BOB, John L and myself were good friends back in the mid 1990's...I had a 1990 ZR1 John L stroked it to 415 cu in. me an George Bryce from Star racing at that time had the fastest ZR1's in the whole country. That car back in the 90's went best time 10.81@ 129 mph...Which back then was hauling ass! When I ran at the track I would lift before the traps not to run to low...My last run I would let it all hang out and than get booted from the track...They all new the car and knew what I was gonna do, it was funny ...:rofl1:

That's haulen the mail and funny. So you're the guy that started 1000' racing. :hehehe: I'm going to do a search on CF and see what I can find in regards to ET.

That's haulen the mail and funny. So you're the guy that started 1000' racing. :hehehe: I'm going to do a search on CF and see what I can find in regards to ET.

Back in the day I was called LT5 John...SW was around back then, larry Morrow who started the ZR1 registry. alot of guys I haven't seen in years...I still keep in touch with Graham from LPE and Tim, and some of the other guys from time to time...I am not the guy who started 1000' racing..

BOB, John L and myself were good friends back in the mid 1990's...I had a 1990 ZR1 John L stroked it to 415 cu in. me an George Bryce from Star racing at that time had the fastest ZR1's in the whole country. That car back in the 90's went best time 10.81@ 129 mph...Which back then was hauling ass! When I ran at the track I would lift before the traps not to run to low...My last run I would let it all hang out and than get booted from the track...They all new the car and knew what I was gonna do, it was funny ...:rofl1:
So how's George doing??
He's famous now, when I met him and Jackie he had a small shop in Americas, GA. They were starting to climb the ladder. great couple!!

So how's George doing??
He's famous now, when I met him and Jackie he had a small shop in Americas, GA. They were starting to climb the ladder. great couple!!

He is great, running his Big V-twin bikes called G=squared now...He hooked up with S&S Motors...I haven't seen George in a long time ...

Well Bob, getting serious about racing AUTO CROSS?

Nice car. Is that a Mustang? :lmao:

Spice, this is a serious question maybe you can answer. In '69 & '70 I belonged to the NEISCCA (North East Indiana Sports Car Club of America). We ran some road race courses (Indy) and a lot of gymkhanas. I think today they call it auto cross. I won more than my share and I was always in a Mustang. I have had opportunities to auto cross now in my Vette. Here comes the question.

I always thought I could throw that Mustang around and put it almost any place I wanted to. It felt light and loose. In comparison, the steering in my Vette feels tight and while it would be great on a road course I don't think it would do well in a tight auto cross. I would like to know what you think. It may just be a mental thing with me but I don't think so.

I mean are you refering to racing in parking lot's? I mean the orange cone thing? OMG Bob..............have you not seen the cars I build, and your asking me about Auto cross, Gymkana racing?:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl1::rofl1:

Come on now Bob I'd rather talk drag racing your vette. There's just one thing I haven't quite figured with anyone in this club..........Pinks and the other show Pass time guessing ET times. 1 1/2 years ago A blue 427 Mallett with just slicks was on the show, Then Speed brought it back later to race a couple 650 Kawasacki crotch rocket's. The 427 Mallett turned 10.32 and second run 10.36. Oh yes, the bike's ran 10.50's Do you remember the show?
The Mallett was Nassau blue

He is great, running his Big V-twin bikes called G=squared now...He hooked up with S&S Motors...I haven't seen George in a long time ...
Last time I saw him and Jackie it was at the Gators, I was in the stands (Top Eliminator Club) He was doing his THING!!

Back