• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

GOT bit by the C5 vette locked steering column

I think what gives most people a pucker factor is the fear that the steering wheel may lock while under full steam. Has anyone noted that happening?

Beg to differ Pewter.........

are some accident's for sure according to other site's reader's.
One which a owner bought his 99 new and pilled it 2 years later, bad enough GM gave him a new 2001 plus some cash. Arttorney's envolved naturally,
but nevertheless accident's have happenned.
Neighbor was teeling last night his 2004 was taken in 3 times for the steering not wanting to respond one way (left) suddenly wanting to lock up so it felt.
Sure enough, it did not turn back and hit 3 parked car's.
Gm again gave him the 2006 he now own's.

Called the Dealer and they tell me the 04006C recall

Has already been completed...........???????????
I said.......if it's been completed...........How can the steering lock?
This makes NO sence. Thery're reply..............Well if you bring the car in we can find out why....but whatever the cause, GM will not pay for us to work on it again.
I believe that this is the real Bottom line here folk's $$$$$$$$$$$

Has already been completed...........???????????
I said.......if it's been completed...........How can the steering lock?
This makes NO sence. Thery're reply..............Well if you bring the car in we can find out why....but whatever the cause, GM will not pay for us to work on it again.
I believe that this is the real Bottom line here folk's $$$$$$$$$$$

exactly...thats why I said CLB from the beginning

this should end this discussion.

If you need any help or have questions PM me for my phone number...

its to easy to DIY.....no reason to mess with GM.

My G/F installed hers :thumbsup:

are some accident's for sure according to other site's reader's.
One which a owner bought his 99 new and pilled it 2 years later, bad enough GM gave him a new 2001 plus some cash. Arttorney's envolved naturally,
but nevertheless accident's have happenned.
Neighbor was teeling last night his 2004 was taken in 3 times for the steering not wanting to respond one way (left) suddenly wanting to lock up so it felt.
Sure enough, it did not turn back and hit 3 parked car's.
Gm again gave him the 2006 he now own's.

then he is the first ...like I said "AFAIK" with all the posts about this on CF...your friends is the first account of an accident...glad he was OK and GM took care of it

Back