• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

MY 383 Build by Chris Hardwood @ Extreme Motorsports:

i fully expect to be drulling over my own engine thanks lol. i have the bullet proff trny now the engine when its done. then change the suspention and the sound system and i have a pocket rocket.

you will have to pm chris hardwood. its some body in meretta fl. a shop in ga is doing the fuel injectors and and the chip is comeing from ga as well.

So how did your build turn out? You tearing up the streets yet?

Not that I am aware of. When I was in the shop last week, the old engine had the top end all torn apart and the block still sitting in the engine bay. I haven't seen Chris (the owner of the car) out there for a while now....

Ya rich been two weeks since I have been out there do to a new gm over my store yanking my chain. The block I am told will be ready Friday. We went with another l98 block to speed things up. I go on vacation this weekend and hope we are assembling when I get back. Chris is alone at the shop now I am told. Can't wait to get get it finished I hate walking.

hey giys i am back on forums. sorry i have been awy just dealing with real life stuff lately. i pulled the engine and tranny out yesterday. pulled the heads and they were dropped off at the machine shop today. i hope to start assembly this friday. the plan is to fully assemble the engine then put it in. headers and new chip should be there along with everything else i need. by this friday.

I am so very pleased to announce:

Next week Chris out @ Extreme will be getting started on my 383 build. He will be pulling my L-98 350 and gutting it. The block and heads will head off to the machine shot.

Recently I had the 700-r4 completely rebuilt Bullet proof style with a shift kit. I updated the 1700 stall to a 2200 stall converter.

The 383 build up on my 87 c-4 that I recently had for sale. But after some time and 3 buyers backing out I decided to go ahead and finish what I started. Most of my new guts will be coming from summit racing. A list will be added as it’s available. I will be documenting everything and posting when I can. Notes and pic's when available.

The new upgraded Tranny paired with an upgraded power plant should not only add many years of enjoyment but also add a custom touch and a little more value to my 78,000 mile 1987 c-4. Dyno and toning specs along with pic’s and commentary will be added thru the build process.

Thunder

hey giys i am back on forums. sorry i have been awy just dealing with real life stuff lately. i pulled the engine and tranny out yesterday. pulled the heads and they were dropped off at the machine shop today. i hope to start assembly this friday. the plan is to fully assemble the engine then put it in. headers and new chip should be there along with everything else i need. by this friday.

I'm confused Thunder. Are you doing the work or is Extreme doing it?

i am doing the tare down and the reinstall. chris is doing all the engine work. he will be helping me where needed on the reinstall. after words we will be doing the dyno tune. then the boring break in period sigh. i have all the picks of the tare town but have to get them off my droid incredable.

pics

not in order but upgrade pics

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 140
more pics

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 139
few more pics trany and engine completely out and seperated. heads are off and at the machine shop. will be out next week to finish taring down the block and doing some sand blasting and painting while i wait for the block and heads to come back. then reassembling

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 145
Looks like you're making progress. You'll be making us C5 guys look pretty bad but don't mess with Rich. :D
BTW, good looking car too. :thumbsup:

Lol looking to eat most c-5 . Getting there. Already have the bullet proof tray.2300 stall tq. Looking to upgrade the gears to 383 soon. Not to bad for a burgeoning manager lol.

OK BLOCK AND HEADS ARE READY TO BE PICKED UP. CHRIS SAYS ALL PARTS ARE IN AND READY FOR THE BUILD LOL WONT BE LONG NOW.

when we are done during the 1500 mile break in i will remove the body kit. sand and primer it. reinforce the underside with bedliner to limit the flexing so new paint wont crack. will leave it primer gray till the whole car is ready for paint. thats will also do the same with rear wing. upgrade to c-6 breaks if i can. then start on touching up inside. when i am done will go on my first cruse with you guys. and all this on a burger king budget. man i need a better job.

Yeah, I figured since Chris was waiting for parts for my car that he was likely putting time into your car as well as Mike's...

Back