• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

New Member complaint

I think we all get that Rich, it's just that the statement is overshadowed by the actions of Xtreme and really isn't even worth a second mention.

Well, heck, I'm trying to get you all to see a point of view that you may simply be overlooking and be nice about it, but that doesn't seem to be working.

So let me be more blunt about it.

Do NOT threaten anyone with physical injury and/or death, even in jest, on this site. I know this has gotten a lot of people into a boiling blood state of mind, but adding this kind of fuel to the fire just is not an acceptable way of expressing yourself. At least not HERE.

I REALLY was trying to not be heavy handed about this sort of thing...

Since I have "gone silent" I will fill you in. I picked my car up from the driveway at Chris' house where witnesses said it had been for a month/month and a half. The car shakes bad and drives like crap. Chris told me that he'd done everything he was paid to do. I had an engine and I should just shut up. I never got the visor that he was supposed to put in my trailblazer. The car has been sitting at my house for the last couple of months since I am still trying to move and get all that BS taken care of, Anyway, I had a friend hook it up to a computer and it had a few codes pop up. Hopefully soon I will be able to take it and have the whole thing torn down and done correctly. The state is building a case and they will be using my car as part of the evidence against him.

Thanks for the update.

Hopefully, it will all work out in the end.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Since I have "gone silent" I will fill you in. I picked my car up from the driveway at Chris' house where witnesses said it had been for a month/month and a half. The car shakes bad and drives like crap. Chris told me that he'd done everything he was paid to do. I had an engine and I should just shut up. I never got the visor that he was supposed to put in my trailblazer. The car has been sitting at my house for the last couple of months since I am still trying to move and get all that BS taken care of, Anyway, I had a friend hook it up to a computer and it had a few codes pop up. Hopefully soon I will be able to take it and have the whole thing torn down and done correctly. The state is building a case and they will be using my car as part of the evidence against him.

Is the state interested in other opinions that might not be quite so negative? Perhaps they would like to talk to some SATISFIED customers? If they would like to talk to at least one, have them contact me, please. I would hope they would like to have a BALANCED picture of the situation by looking at ALL of the evidence...

Is the state interested in other opinions that might not be quite so negative? Perhaps they would like to talk to some SATISFIED customers? If they would like to talk to at least one, have them contact me, please. I would hope they would like to have a BALANCED picture of the situation by looking at ALL of the evidence...

That's a noble gesture Rich, but it's highly unlikely they're going to do it:(

When the state (or any enforcement agency for that matter) begins an investigation regarding a specified complaint, in this case, unlicensed activity, theft, fraud, etc), they look at information to aid the prosecution, not detract from it.

If he's charged criminally, Chris' defense attorney would be more likely to want to speak with you than anyone else.

No matter, if he's not properly licensed, it is what it is and no amount of "good work" will change that.

"If" he committed a theft or fraud, then again, all of his previous and post event "good works" will not change the facts.

All those things may go to is his character at or before sentencing:(

Interestingly enough, running a shop without the state permits, is generally handled administratively. His attorney may be able to use a "selective prosecution" defense if he's charged criminally.
just a thought?

Heck, beats me, but from what I understand, a criminal charge is a whole lot tougher to make stick than a civil charge would be. "Shadow of a doubt", and all that stuff....... :shrug01:

As far as him operating with a license, does that mean that someone who does any sort of auto mechanic work on another's vehicle MUST be licensed by the state in order to do so? Since he is operating out of a former car dealership building and premises that he leases from the owner, I'm curious about what sort of arrangement he actually has with the owner. Especially since there are a LOT of the owner's vehicles stored there. I don't think this will be as black and white as some people apparently hope it will be....

Heck, beats me, but from what I understand, a criminal charge is a whole lot tougher to make stick than a civil charge would be. "Shadow of a doubt", and all that stuff....... :shrug01:

As far as him operating with a license, does that mean that someone who does any sort of auto mechanic work on another's vehicle MUST be licensed by the state in order to do so? Since he is operating out of a former car dealership building and premises that he leases from the owner, I'm curious about what sort of arrangement he actually has with the owner. Especially since there are a LOT of the owner's vehicles stored there. I don't think this will be as black and white as some people apparently hope it will be....

You're right Rich.

Criminal charges are much more difficult in some cases simply due to the rules that apply in court.

In civil court, the rules of evidence are much more relaxed. This makes it easier to introduce such things as hearsay, and character evidence.

In criminal court, the rules are much tighter. "Reasonable doubt" is the rule when determinig guilt or innocense. If the defense can leave the judge or jury with enough doubt that all of the prosecutorial requirements have been met, then per jury instructions, the defenant should (must) be found not guilty. Same applies to the judges ruling if non-jury.

But again, generally speaking such matters as this are held before a judge or magistrate, and are really pretty black and white.

The things that may matter most in his defense are contracts or the lack thereof in determining what should or was supposed to have been done or not, and money changing hands.

I'm not all that familiar with the laws regarding auto shop licensing, and don't have the time at present to look it up; however, I do know if you run a business you have to meet certain requirements such as:

-ficticious name registration
-Taxing requirements (DOR)
-local licensing requirements

For auto shops, I believe there are other requirements set by the state regarding the way a job is handled (authorizations, etc), state licensing for the business itself, and EPA guidelines.

The fraud/theft charges implied here would stem from people stating they contracted to recieve certain work/parts, paid money for that work or those parts, and not having recieved the work, part or benefit thereof.

As well, if any part paid for has been "converted" to his personal use or sold to another for profit, without authoriation or compensation of the true owner, that's theft...period. Grand/petit is determined by the item and/or cost (ie: a firearm woth $50.00 is GRAND THEFT regardless, simpley because it's a FIREARM.)

These cases are really not that difficult to make:rolleyes: Sort of makes me wonder why it's taking the STATE so long to do it and why they're allowing him to remain in business if they "know" he's operating illegally????

A month PLUS to make this case? Come on! It sounds like poor work on behalf of the state:thumbsdown:

These cases are really not that difficult to make:rolleyes: Sort of makes me wonder why it's taking the STATE so long to do it and why they're allowing him to remain in business if they "know" he's operating illegally????

A month PLUS to make this case? Come on! It sounds like poor work on behalf of the state:thumbsdown:

Or, perhaps they really don't have an airtight case at all. :shrug01:

Is there room for one more in here?

I have kept my story quiet.. in PM's to MrsXtreme and phonecalls, emails and texts to Chris. because I don't like to create issues... however... Since its been over a year since Chris's "alleged" delivery date, I've basically given up on him, and Xtreme Motorsports.

Let me know if I should toss my story out also.

I have kept my story quiet.. in PM's to MrsXtreme and phonecalls, emails and texts to Chris. because I don't like to create issues... however... Since its been over a year since Chris's "alleged" delivery date, I've basically given up on him, and Xtreme Motorsports.

Why not start your own thread with details specific to your situation. That way it remains clear, get's the proper notice and doesn't get lost in someone elses story.

Why not start your own thread with details specific to your situation. That way it remains clear, get's the proper notice and doesn't get lost in someone elses story.

makes sense, but It seems Chris has enough on his plate already. I don't need to throw out my story and attack the guy further. Everyone has their reasons for faltering.

on that note, I hope he gets back ontop of his game soon, and I will return to the lurking shadows.

:usa_flag:

???:confused:

First you asked:

I responded accordingly and then you put this up?

makes sense, but It seems Chris has enough on his plate already. I don't need to throw out my story and attack the guy further. Everyone has their reasons for faltering.

on that note, I hope he gets back ontop of his game soon, and I will return to the lurking shadows.

:usa_flag:

So, what gives?:shrug01:

You either wanted to present a complaint or you didn't? If not, why even post in that thread to begin with?

If you wanted to present your situation, this is the place to do it.

I simply asked that you not "add to" another thread to keep it from becoming lost. The whole purpose behind the BOI is to prevent other members from falling victim to bad business practices.

I too hope Chis get's it together. :thumbsup:

Not a post stirrer, I will create my own thread. However, the way I see it... There are already two threads in the BoI about xtreme.. On the first page no less... Is a third thread going to make any difference? Not likely.

I understand people have things handed to them that can knock them down.
I'm not perfect either.

When I get to work tomorrow, and have all my correspondence available. I'll post my story. As for commenting up this thread.. I'm not the OP, so I'll leave my stuff out of this thread.

Well if you do post, please provide your actual identity so the claim can be verifiable. Credibility will play a BIG role in any dispute of this nature, and identity goes a long way in that direction. On my other site where I have a Board Of Inquiry forum, full names for positive ID are required. It's really not fair to have someone try to defend themselves against anonymous parties. They really need to know who is dissatisfied with their service so perhaps restitution can be made to make the complainant whole again.

It is hoped that this forum will help to resolve issues between parties. Barring that possibility, then it's purpose will be to be instructional towards other viewers about the likelihood of their getting fair treatment by dealing with the subject of the thread.

Back