• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

You get more rain than i do most times.

Heck, I've been thinking the opposite. Seems like April and May get pretty parched in this area with storm systems going around us, and sometimes even jumping over us and reforming on the other side.

You would think that with Florida being surrounded with water on three sides and numerous bodies of water internally that rainfall would be plentiful across the entire state all year long.

We got 1.85" more rain today. Started off with a lot of thunder this morning, and scattered showers up to late afternoon. Looks like nothing more in store for us tonight.

Got 0.9" of rain on Wednesday, then 2.07" today on Thursday.

Skeeter population is gearing up. Connie and I were out there early evening zapping the hell out of them with the bug zappers. If you stand on the concrete apron, they are really easy to see coming at you.

Yeah, down home country entertainment.... :hehehe:

Darn! We got 5.10" inches of rain today! No way the vette will be going out any time soon. I'll bet our road is a mess.

That makes 13.21" for this week beginning Sunday, and 16.25" for the month of June, so far.

Darn! We got 5.10" inches of rain today! No way the vette will be going out any time soon. I'll bet our road is a mess.

That makes 13.21" for this week beginning Sunday, and 16.25" for the month of June, so far.

You get much rain that i ever do most times. Had rain during the nite but not sure how much.

Yeah, we are back into drought conditions here too. But the heavy rain we got last week was a boon to the mosquito population. Connie and I don't go outside unless we have one of our mosquito zappers in hand. And I have two mosquito magnets running right now. Might have to crank up a couple more of them soon.

Fortunately the yellow flies don't seem to be too bad this year. Knock on wood.

We got 0.30" of rain today. Not much, but looks like we may be getting more over the next few days.

Skeeters have been a problem. Connie and I have been carrying our bug zappers and doing a number on the population, however. Plus it is great exercise. Except for the "tennis elbow" in the wrist I am now getting... :dead:

But the loud zaps and bright flashes of light are VERY satisfying. :hehehe:

We got exactly 1.00" of rain today. But it seemed like a LOT more when it was coming down.

Set up two more mosquito magnets today. Got a total of four running right now.

Need to get more propane tanks refilled.

Got up to 92.7 degrees here. Pretty hazy all day. I've been reading about that dust storm coming over from Africa. Sounds like the plague of locusts might be coming along with it. Gee, just what we need here.

Got up to 92.7 degrees here. Pretty hazy all day. I've been reading about that dust storm coming over from Africa. Sounds like the plague of locusts might be coming along with it. Gee, just what we need here.

What else can happen this year? A CAT5?

Back