• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Rain today

Yeah, it looks like we only got .28 up here. It was all over central and eastern Georgia though. We went to Savannah this weekend as our grandson was born early on Good Friday morning and it was HEAVY rain coming back yesterday. As for my citrus trees, I cut down the Satsuma and the Kumquat. The Lemon tree is thriving! Looks better than ever. No sense getting angry. I have replaced them with Cherry trees. We'll see how they do. They look very happy right now.

It's just a reminder that everything on God's Green Earth will pass eventually. Everything living was created to die. Just another page to be turned.

Happy Easter to all!

We got 0.22" of rain today. Just intermittent drizzles all throughout the day. Not much, but better than nothing, I guess.

0.54" of rain today. No break from having to run the irrigation lines for the trees. Of course, not so many citrus trees to be worrying about watering this year. But that really isn't much of a silver lining in that particular cloud.

O.97" of rain Saturday night.

Actually feel that it is such a waste with so many of the citrus trees being devastated by that cold spell in December. Makes me sick to my stomach whenever I look at them. Some of them we had been growing for decades. Especially Connie's Meyer lemon trees. She has given away thousands of those lemons to people over the years.

I don't know if it is going to make us feel better or worse to just cut them down to the ground.

I have to say that I really REALLY hate that year 2022.

Can't buy a drop and never cold enough here for orange tree's. But greening sickness wiped them all out here in 05. Over 2 months and not a drop. Be lucky if i get 20" total this year.

Since 04-13, we have only gotten 0.01" of rain, and that was yesterday.

I am watering the still remaining citrus and other fruit trees, but more and more am getting overwhelmed with the feeling of "why bother?".

May get some tonite coming from the gulf. Inland and east coast has had big hail all week. This stuff is always east of me. Unreal how little weather i get on the gulf. Been this way since 2004. But go a few miles inland and get 3 times the rain i do year after year.

We drove through a good bit this afternoon on the way home from Lakeland. Most of it in Georgia though. There is a lot of standing water in the ditches and the fields that have crops planted.

Yeah, we had a pretty good downpour here today. 1.77" of rain. Even had a tornado warning around 5:15pm or so. I went outside but didn't hear anything unusual.

They closed off part of Highway 84 near Thomasville, Ga. due to a couple of tornadoes causing damage yesterday afternoon around 5:30 when we were going home. We just missed it. I've already driven into a tornado in Nebraska at 2:30 in the morning two years ago. Once is enough.

0.65" of rain for us on Saturday. Radar is showing maybe more heading up from the Gulf right now.

Back