• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

ZR1 in anyone's future?

I'll be getting one if I can get it for sticker or slightly above. got my z from Indiana at sticker at the height of the fury. just hope the c7 doesn't come too quickly with too much power to upstage my zr-1. upgraded interior will be in my future as well!

Yeah, I'm curious to see how much gouging the dealers try to pull off with this. The economy is different now from when they could pull that off with the new C6 Z06.

I will not be gouged on this. I could easily make my z06 600 hp. right now I'm planning on addding motons, Brembos, headers tune/ airbox. seems that some of cars are are setup very rich and benefit hugely from tuning

I will not be gouged on this. I could easily make my z06 600 hp. right now I'm planning on addding motons, Brembos, headers tune/ airbox. seems that some of cars are are setup very rich and benefit hugely from tuning

Yeah, I think a lot of people are looking at that equation these days....

I'll be getting one if I can get it for sticker or slightly above. got my z from Indiana at sticker at the height of the fury. just hope the c7 doesn't come too quickly with too much power to upstage my zr-1. upgraded interior will be in my future as well!

Oooooooo! Didn't think about that one! The C6 I thought was supposed to be dead this year but I guess with the release of the ZR1 it will prolong it's life a couple more years.

C7......dammit, you got a point. The ZR1 signals the death of a model doesn't it?! It signaled the death of the C4. Maybe GM will finally do the right thing and call the upper-end C7 the "Stingray." The much awaited and fantasized return of well, "the good ol' days!" You are right Rich, maybe it's not a wise buy. See what you did? You just screwed up my fantasy!!!!!:banghead:

So, is the ZR1 a replacement for the Z06, or is there going to be a Z06 as well in 2009?

So, is the ZR1 a replacement for the Z06, or is there going to be a Z06 as well in 2009?

I have read many different things on this matter. I originally read that the ZR1 was supposed to replace the Z06 model as the C7 was supposed to drop in 2009. Then I read that the ZR1 was not replacing the Z06 but was going to be yet another model in the lineup of the C7. Another article said that the ZR1 was not replacing the Z06 but was going to be yet another model in the lineup of the C6. That last statement has been the only accurate to date.

I don't think the ZR1 is going to last. I think the ZR1 is being used as a platform to slingshot the C7 and the muscle cars the same way it did from C4 to C5. This will probably be a limited release for two years starting this year (ZR1,'08), similar to the last time which will coincide with the releases of the new Camaro first ('09 and rumored T/A), then the C7 ('10), then the GTO again in 2011.

Similar to the '90's when the ZR1 dropped, then came the Ram Air T/A, then the C5, then the Camaro SS and T/A WS6, Z06, etc.

Road and Track

"Check out Road and Track Mag this month".

also:
See video
http://www.roadandtrack.com/

Seems it would be Cheaper to modify my "Z06" to get 620 HP. After all the Hipe is over this week, it should go for $20K over MSRP.

:lmao: YA RIGHT...SIGN ME UP FOR TWO OF THEM!!!!! :lmao:

"Check out Road and Track Mag this month".

also:
See video
http://www.roadandtrack.com/

Seems it would be Cheaper to modify my "Z06" to get 620 HP. After all the Hipe is over this week, it should go for $20K over MSRP.

:lmao: YA RIGHT...SIGN ME UP FOR TWO OF THEM!!!!! :lmao:

Yeah. They are saying 620 but I've read several articles that it's actually 650. Why GM underrates cars, don't know. They've done it before with the f-body. Oh well. I would think it'll be cheaper modding the Z06. If you have a Z06 and had the extra 60K to mod it out like the cost of a ZR1, then I can't see why maybe 1K+ hp wouldn't be possible.

Really a lot of hype about this car all over the place. Heard that one big dealer already has 90 pre-orders for them. :eek:

I was REALLY looking forward to the possibility of getting this new fangled car, but too many bad vibes for me. Another thing I thought of is all this rumor about the exposed carbon fiber body panels needing some sort of paint additive for the clear coat to keep the stuff from degrading in sunlight. Cost of this additive was quoted at $60K per gallon. Now, how many local dealers or paint shops are going to spend the money for this additive to have it in stock? And if they have to order it by the gallon, it's going to make boo-boos on the carbon fiber REAL expensive to get fixed. As for getting the entire car repainted (yeah, I know, I'm looking down the road pretty far, but if I were to buy a $100K car, I would keep the damned thing a LONG LONG time!), forget about it.....

Seems to me that a substantial amount of this price increase was spent on frivolous stuff. Yeah, the ceramic rotors are cool, but are they really necessary? Exposed carbon fiber? Why? Is a hood with the polycarbonate clear panel more expensive than a regular hood? Yeah, probably so...

I really wish GM hadn't busted my bubble with this. But then again, they DID save me a bunch of money by making some hokey design decisions.

Well,member's.what can I say other than...for sure.

Yea, gotta have it.
Means selling my Mallett, but so it goes.
Gotta a few connections left at GM, plus my GM retirement, and time like most everything else, marches on.
Wife ain't happy, say's I don't need it and what's the reason for it she asked me.............Simple I replied.cause I want it, end of story.
Just one of those ANOTHER toy.
There's a bigger reason ya all, and don't be fooled............GM's got alot at stake. Racing has ALWAYS been behind the door's.....but especially at Corvette Engineering. Management know's win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
The competition has all but waved the White Flag against the Vette.
Surprising enough, GM has kept the IMSA Vette's out there racing with all Compition giving up. But, rest assured, their regrouping their effort's behind closed door's.
The ZR1 allow's GM to raise the bar even higher now with the production of the ZR1. Their not going to get caught with their pant's down, and if this frustrates Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Saleen and all other manufactures, all the better.
IS having a ZR1 worth that to me? You bet it is. :rolleyes:

I can't even afford the $800 a month i pay on my 06 I'm sure it would cost around 2K a month for a ZR1. May have to sell my 06 a6 and get a junker.

I can't even afford the $800 a month i pay on my 06 I'm sure it would cost around 2K a month for a ZR1. May have to sell my 06 a6 and get a junker.

Man, I hope that doesn't happen. Would hate to see you have to give up your vette. :nonod:

I hope to hang on to it till i at least pay off the upside down amount. Just $800 kinda pushes it a little too much.

ZR1

I am number 1 on two different dealers list. still dont know about the price and would like to have seen a greater difference in design

It does seem that the "bang for the buck" leaves something to be desired on the new ZR-1. The "redesign" is not all that distinguishable, and I think everyone was expecting 650 HP or better. It appears some folks may rethink the decision to spend 100K (or more) on a new car when they could spend less for upgrading what they currently own. I don't know what Rich spent getting his car to the level of performance it's at now, but he's certainly in the ballpark to compete with a new ZR-1. I wonder how much the complete ZR-1 engine assembly will cost from a dealer?

bluedevil1

there is still so little info available on the LS9. Will we be able to put on a smaller pulley for more boost, will it utilize the same computer. For sure 100hp per liter is not really much.

I heard one went on Barret Jackson auction for just over a mil.... anyone able to confirm this? Was supposedly Sat night.....

Ed C. Came over and showed us the one a b. jackson, I dont know how much it went for, I would like too!

Knowing Greg, he will put an LS9 in his nomad or something like that before the ZR1 even comes out, Im waiting...:lmao:

Back