• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

road-trip to Garlits' Museum 1/28/07

Yeah, we're tentatively planning on it from Tallahassee. Probably will be taking rt. 98 through Perry to 27 to 441 and catching 75 south in Alachua.

Only my wife and I..... club planned a brunch run that day. But I would prefer the museum.:thumbsup:

I'll be there...see all you Orlando peeps at the Turkey Lake rest area on the Turnpike...it's just a few miles north of I-4 on the Pike...

Last edited:
Well, now I'm not sure which way we will be traveling to Garlits' Museum. The wife wants to go to the Sanlando antique glass show Friday or Saturday, and Greg tells me my new turbo housings are ready to be put on my car. I don't know it my little brain can coordinate and juggle these three events all at the same time....... :crazy03: Could be we'll be travelling from either Orlando or Tampa......

Rich Z said:
Well, now I'm not sure which way we will be traveling to Garlits' Museum. The wife wants to go to the Sanlando antique glass show Friday or Saturday, and Greg tells me my new turbo housings are ready to be put on my car. I don't know it my little brain can coordinate and juggle these three events all at the same time....... :crazy03: Could be we'll be travelling from either Orlando or Tampa......
oooooo....new turbo housings! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Here's a suggestion: drop the car with Greg on Friday, rent a car and go stay overnight in Orlando, come back and pick up the Vette on Saturday. A weekend overnight rental like that should be quite inexpensive.

Greg is telling me that it won't take very long at all to replace the housings, so Connie and I will wait on it. I think there is a shopping center nearby that we can walk over to in order to kill a little time.

As of now, are itinerary (as long as this is OK with Greg) is to be at AntiVenom around noontime on Friday, get the turbo housings replaced and maybe run another dyno run on it. Maybe then go to Plant City (we actually saw some people selling Plant City strawberries recently!) and kick around a bit, probably spending the night at whatever motel we can find closeby when sunlight begins to fail. Then on Saturday going to Sanford and Mt. Dora so Connie can check out the antique glass ware show (SanLando Show). Kind of just roam around in the area until nightfall and then getting another motel room for Saturday night. Then on Sunday morning heading over to the Garlits Museum.

Is there a rest stop on route 75 south of the museum we could hook up with a bunch of you guys for the ride into the place?

Rich Z said:
Is there a rest stop on route 75 south of the museum we could hook up with a bunch of you guys for the ride into the place?

There is a rest area at mile marker 238. The museum is at exit 241, just 3 miles north of there. My ETA to that area is aroung 10:00AM

Looks like there will be two of us from Inverness coming. Hey Rich was that you at the Seralago at Old Town this morning passing out fliers to a show in March up in Tallahassee?

Hot BluZ said:
Looks like there will be two of us from Inverness coming. Hey Rich was that you at the Seralago at Old Town this morning passing out fliers to a show in March up in Tallahassee?

No, wasn't me. I didn't make it to NCRS....

I made it to NCRS WinterFest:

HPIM2566750KB.jpg

HPIM2568750KB.jpg

HPIM2567750KB.jpg

HPIM2565750KB.jpg

HPIM2560750KB.jpg

SteveK said:
I was there on Saturday..... had a great time.
But saw more than C-3's.
We took a vast-majority of our pictures of C3s, to share with other C3-owners, who couldn't make the show, on this and other Forums, but there were TONS of all-generations of Corvettes there.
:icon_cheers:

USA-1 said:
We took a vast-majority of our pictures of C3s, to share with other C3-owners, who couldn't make the show, on this and other Forums, but there were TONS of all-generations of Corvettes there.
:icon_cheers:
I had to mess with you... :hehehe:

See you Sunday AM. Where are you leaving from?

SteveK said:
See you Sunday AM. Where are you leaving from?
I am 1 mile off I-4 in Lakeland (about 6-7 miles from Lakeland Drag Strip, which is re-opening this week ), and will be traveling to Orlando, to join-up with some guys I've met who run their Corvettes at Orlando Speed World Dragway, before heading up the 'Pike to I-75/Garlits' place with them.

We are leaving Cocoa around 7:30AM and will be taking 528 to the Pike and on up. Maybe we will see you on the road. :vette:

Rich Z said:
Greg is telling me that it won't take very long at all to replace the housings, so Connie and I will wait on it. I think there is a shopping center nearby that we can walk over to in order to kill a little time.

As of now, are itinerary (as long as this is OK with Greg) is to be at AntiVenom around noontime on Friday, get the turbo housings replaced and maybe run another dyno run on it. Maybe then go to Plant City (we actually saw some people selling Plant City strawberries recently!) and kick around a bit, probably spending the night at whatever motel we can find closeby when sunlight begins to fail. Then on Saturday going to Sanford and Mt. Dora so Connie can check out the antique glass ware show (SanLando Show). Kind of just roam around in the area until nightfall and then getting another motel room for Saturday night. Then on Sunday morning heading over to the Garlits Museum.

If you are going to be staying east of Orlando on Sat night you don't want to go all the way across the state to I-75...just go to Orlando and pick up the Turnpike at I-4...this will save you an hour versus going all the way to I-75...the Turnpike melds into 75 north of Orlando...we have a group meeting at 9:00 AM at the Turkey Lake Service Plaza on the Turnpike...if you get on the Pike off of I-4 in Orlando just go north a couple of miles and you'll see the plaza...see ya there...:thumbsup:

Back