• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

road-trip to Garlits' Museum 1/28/07

Citrus County Corvette Club is now going also. We will meet you folks there. Thanks for setting this all up.:thumbsup: Mort

Mortaci said:
Citrus County Corvette Club is now going also. We will meet you folks there. Thanks for setting this all up.:thumbsup: Mort
Happily, this has really turned into more than what we, about a dozen Corvette-owners who've met-up and raced at Orlando Speed World Dragway, could've ever- expected!
:welcome:

How many people are YOU bringing?????

:eek:

Mortaci said:
YAY! The more the merrier. Glad to see that this is going to have so many people/Vette's attending.

USA-1 said:
How many people are YOU bringing?????

Hard to tell, but it looked like about half a dozen said they were interested in the museum trip. With our club, we put out an email to 95% of the members (5% aren't on the web) and we just meet up at a certain area and count heads, so it could be anywhere from 6 to 25. :shrug01:

Carey (Citrus County Corvette Club)

Fastest...Ugliest..

Hey guys, at least yours will get you there in your Vette. I'm going to be stuck in a Crossfire. Not a bad car, but defiently not my LOVE. :mad: Glenn

CREWZIN said:
Hard to tell, but it looked like about half a dozen said they were interested in the museum trip. With our club, we put out an email to 95% of the members (5% aren't on the web) and we just meet up at a certain area and count heads, so it could be anywhere from 6 to 25. :shrug01:

Carey (Citrus County Corvette Club)
Thanks, Carey, for the head-count.....
:thumbsup:

This project is sorta 'my-baby' (though I've had LOTSA help! ), and the Museum requested a 'general-idea' of how-many might show-up with our group, to ensure we reach the needed 10 people for a group-discount, which it seems we will EASILY exceed:
I sent an E-mail to the Museum on Sunday, which was returned, saying "un-deliverable" (? ), so I tried again on Monday, with the same results.....
:thinkin:

I called the Museum after-hours Monday evening, and left a message (the man leaves his-OWN out-going message! ), saying we'd be bringing "between 10 and 30 people, maybe-more" , relayed word that I had experienced problems contacting the Museum by E-mail, and left him my home-phone number, if he had further questions:

I've not heard-back from the Museum, so I 'assume' we are good-to-go on Sunday!.

It looks like a bit of nasty weather is coming in from the Gulf on Saturday night through Sunday morning. Let's hope it clears up early on Sunday.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

The wife isn't going to make it!:nonod: So, i'm bringing my 15 yr old daughter with me. Anyone bringing their kids? (she's single):lmao:

My wife had foot surgery on Tuesday and doesn't think she can handle all the walking around. So I may be coming alone, unless one of my girl friends is available. :hehehe:

CREWZIN said:
It looks like a bit of nasty weather is coming in from the Gulf on Saturday night through Sunday morning. Let's hope it clears up early on Sunday.
I've been trying to keep-tabs on the weather all-day, and this is the latest from ACCU-GUESS Weather :

for Ocala, Florida on Sunday 28 January 2007

06:00 AM - few showers, 58*F, 30%

08:00 AM - few showers, 59*F, 30%

10:00 AM - mostly-cloudy, 61*F, 10%

12:00 PM - partly-cloudy, 64*F, 10%

02:00 PM - partly-cloudy, 66*F, 10%

04:00 PM - partly-cloudy with wind, 65*F, 10%

06:00 PM - mostly sunny, 58*F, 10%

I know that the gang from Orlando is going, rain-or-shine, and some will be bringing their daily-drivers:
I'm taking my '82 either-way, and welcome anybody who chooses to come, with-or-without your Corvette!

Yeah, we're already in the neighborhood. Never heard of rain melting a vette, so we'll be there.

We actually drove past the exit heading south today and I scoped out the rest stop. It actually looks more like a truck weigh in station to me, rather than a bonafide rest area, so bear that in mind when you see it. It's only a mile or two south of the exit, and there are no others even close, so you really can't miss it.

We had a little mishap on the way down, though. The danged "r in Co_vetteFlorida.com" blew off or my windshield! :mad: Connie says that I just drove too fast and the air friction did it....... :lmao: I wasn't going THAT fast when I passed those trucks..... :rolleyes:

We're just southwest of Orlando right now and will be kicking around in Sanford and Mt. Dora on Saturday. Hopefully the rain won't be too bothersome to deal with...

Rich Z said:
We had a little mishap on the way down, though. The danged "r in Co_vetteFlorida.com" blew off or my windshield! :mad: Connie says that I just drove too fast and the air friction did it....... :lmao: I wasn't going THAT fast when I passed those trucks..... :rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Well Rich, just tell everyone that this windshield sign is your "Ebonics" version! :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Actually, I was hoping to sneak my way in on this event, but can't make it. I am flying down to Ft. Myers in the morning for a couple days and I have things I have to take care of that would prevent me from making the event! I hope everyone has a great time!

Rich

Rich427 said:
..... and I have things I have to take care of that would prevent me from making the event!

..... how-'bout we ALL agree to get as-many pictures as we can during our trip and visit (pictures of the caravan, and from the parking-lot at the Museum, if weather-permits ), and post them here, for Forum-members who can't make this trip to view and enjoy?
:thumbsup:

Works for me. all I have to do is remember to take some pictures. :yesnod:
I had the camera in my pocket at the NCRS and took 1 picture. :shrug01:

SteveK said:
If possible a group photo would be real cool!
That's what I'm thinking, too..... Large Father has an older Navy fighter, perched on a pedestal, next-to his parking-lot:
maybe we could arrange the cars in-front of the fighter, and get a picture of that, and/or take various pictures of the cars assembled in the parking-lot, depending-upon the weather.....

:shrug01:

RichZ, thanks for the notice that the 'rest-stop' is more-like a truck weigh-station..... we'll STILL try-to pull-in there, and assemble for the last few miles, if everybody is agreeable to that idea.

SteveK said:
Just make sure your log books are filled out Good Buddy! :lmao:
"..... ahhhhh..... 10-fer there, Mother-Trucker, 10-fer.....

I have no-doubt that my ol' Cross-Fire and I will DEFINITELY be bringing-up the 'back-door' ....."

:ack2:

Back