• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

road-trip to Garlits' Museum 1/28/07

I'm stll planning to go on Sunday but "the best laid plans, etc etc.
Are we supposed to be there at 10AM?
Do we all meet in the parking lot and go in as a group?

The latest I heard is that the plan is to be at the museum parking lot around 10:30 am. Connie and I are tentatively planning on being at the rest stop on I75 a bit south of the exit around 10:00 am to try to catch any swarm of Corvettes heading north on the way to the museum.

USA-1 has set this up and i believe we are getting the group rate. The arrival time was set for 10:30. I am stopping at the rest stop 3 miles south of the Museum and hoping get a group together to cruise in with. I suspect we will leave the rest stop at 10:15.

ynkedad said:
:thinkin: :thinkin: :thinkin:
As has been said, the contingent from Orlando will be coming-up the Pike, then North on I-75, and if a good, convenient place can be found to 'muster-our-troops', I'm sure nobody will mind pulling-over and joining-forces:
somebody with better knowledge (what mile-post is it? ) of the rest-stop along I-75 'call - the - ball', and we'll meet-up!

:thumbsup:

SteveK said:
There is a rest area at mile marker 238. The museum is at exit 241, just 3 miles north of there. My ETA to that area is aroung 10:00AM
Here ya go! Rest Area is at mile marker 238. Museum exit is at 241.
Leaving the Rest Area at 10:15 to cruise into the museum.

SteveK said:

Good-call..... everybody interested in joining-up should pass the word:
so it is written, so it SHALL-be!!!!!

Well be there!

Still looks good for joining you guys once again on Sunday. We have said 'NO' to severakl invites to do other things that weekend so we can keep it clear. Don't look for "LOVE' at the rest area. I'm still having trouble with long runs in it and it pushing water out the overflow. We'll be in my wife's gunmetal gray Crossfire.
Hey Rich, will you still be able to afford going after all the 'shopping' you're letting your wife do?:rofl1: Glenn

Heck, Connie isn't like the stereotyped wife..... I have to basically FORCE her to spend money. Plus she pretty much has all he antique glassware she wants. Most of it is still in boxes and never opened after she bought it. Kind of like me and my guns. I haven't even shot about the last dozen or so I have purchased.

Matter of fact, just so happens there is a gunshow here in Tallahassee this weekend that I will be missing....... :nonod:

Rich Z said:
Heck, Connie isn't like the stereotyped wife..... I have to basically FORCE her to spend money. Plus she pretty much has all he antique glassware she wants. Most of it is still in boxes and never opened after she bought it. Kind of like me and my guns. I haven't even shot about the last dozen or so I have purchased.

Matter of fact, just so happens there is a gunshow here in Tallahassee this weekend that I will be missing....... :nonod:

Now I understand why she doesn't spend a lot...all those guns in the house!:lmao: Looking forward to seeing Connie Sunday. Kathy will have a lot in common with her:mad: Thanks, glenn

Rich Z said:
Heck, Connie isn't like the stereotyped wife.....

:hmm: You mean..the type of person that will spend money compulsively/ Like it's burning a Hole in her pocket, and regardless of how much sh!t she has built up and no where to put things buys it anyway.:brick2:
Yup, know what ya mean...aren't we lucky!:hide:

SteveK said:
According to my maps, and Garlits' web-site, the Museum is at milepost THREE -forty-one
(341 ),
and NOT milepost 241, so I am hoping (? ) the rest-stop is 3 miles South at milepost 241.....

:eek:

C3's???

Good map Rich, thanks.

Will anyone else be there in a C3?
I have 75 Silver Coupe. Not numbers matching, just a fun driver.

Hardball said:
Will anyone else be there in a C3?
I have 75 Silver Coupe. Not numbers matching, just a fun driver.

I have a Black '82:

HPIM2448cropped750KB.jpg

numbers-matching, slowest Corvette in Florida (even-WITH the addition of 3.73 gears!!!!! ).....
:mad:

The latest from ACCU-GUESS Weather is calling for mostly-cloudy skies in Ocala on Sunday 28 January, a high temperature of 64*F, and only a 10% chance of rain, with similar weather preceeding on Saturday, so the roads should be dry!

USA-1 said:
I have a Black '82:

HPIM2448cropped750KB.jpg

numbers-matching, slowest Corvette in Florida (even-WITH the addition of 3.73 gears!!!!! ).....
:mad:

Yeah, but it's not the UGLIEST Corvette in Florida! Not by a LONG LONG shot... :thumbsup:

Back